Poll - What kind of Ancient People are YOU???

by LittleToe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Are you:

1. A minority group called "Jew"
    2. A majority group called "Greek"
    3. A minority group called "Christian"

To believe in Christ, the Jews asked for a powerful sign, before they would believe.
    To believe in Christ, the Greeks appealed to logic and wisdom, before they would believe.
    To believe in Christ, the Christians simply believed, and treated it as a personal calling.

Which category do you believe you fall into 1, 2 or 3?

1Cor.1:22-25 - The Message
    While Jews clamor for miraculous demonstrations and Greeks go in for philosophical wisdom, we go right on proclaiming Christ, the Crucified. Jews treat this like an anti-miracle and Greeks pass it off as absurd. But to us who are personally called by God himself (both Jews and Greeks) Christ is God's ultimate miracle and wisdom all wrapped up in one.
    Human wisdom is so tinny, so impotent, next to the seeming absurdity of God. Human strength can't begin to compete with God's "weakness."

1Cor.1:22-25 - NWT
    For both the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom; but we preach Christ impaled, to the Jews a cause for stumbling but to the nations foolishness; however, to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because a foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God is stronger than men.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Can I be half Jew, half Greek? If not: Greek.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I am a Celt. Paint myself blue and kill my enemies. Consider it wrong to write my religion down. Celebrate every holiday with sex. Honor the planet that gives me life.

Ravyn, Celtic--the other white meat

• shera
    shera

Im stuck between Jews and greeks,but I'm more towards the jews.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ravyn:Me too - pleased to meet ya. Hope you're wearing the right tartan, or I may just have to eat ya!!

Which of the three would it take to turn ya into a Christian, though (with "over my dead body" not being an option - LOL).

• shera
    shera

heheh Ravyn.

I like her answer better can I paint myself blue too.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shera:
    If you're not wearing tartan, I may just have to eat you, too

• neverthere
    neverthere

I too am a Celt!!!! LONG LIVE SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ok, ok, you can choose "4 - Celt - eaten by LT" as well, but which of the first three categories do you also fall under?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Umm. . I change my answer to CELT!!!! When can I set up an appointment LT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit