Poll - What kind of Ancient People are YOU???

by LittleToe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ravyn:
    Christian Mystic is a bit New-Agey, too, but I sometimes take that one

Roslyn Chapel really is summit, huh? I visited it two years ago.
    It's near one of my Clan seats (I have mixed Clan blood - Mainly Highland, but a little Lowland, too).

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Greek, I guess that is why I never got dunked.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Give me an example, coz it doesn't seem to work with much else.

Islam (or indeed any non-christian religion). Would you require a sign to believe in it, would you require that it's beliefs are logical, or would you just believe?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

blacksheep don't be silly. Greeks get just a drunk as Christians do.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

past future

somewhere in the middle

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FunkyDerek:Some are presented with enough logic for them, some with signs, some with gut "feelings".

I'm not so closeminded as to believe that it is only religious Christians that have a relationship with God.
    Even the Greeks believed in deities and an afterlife of some form or other, and they are regarded as some of this worlds greatest thinkers.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can't believe this thread is nearly a year old!!!

Revisiting it has been interessting.
    I'd like to expand on this point, as I possibly didn't do it justice, last time around:

To believe in Christ, the Christians simply believed, and treated it as a personal calling.

To the Christian it's real and personal. It's a relationship, not a rulebook.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'd have to say all three: I am Greek by birth, Christian by calling and I have a little Jew in me, since my husband's part Jewish. <slaps herself>

Country Girl

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Greek...

But here are my tartan colors. These are supposedly the "oldest" ones

Oldest known Sutherland 	Tartan

Bethany

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    To believe in Christ, the Christians simply believed, and treated it as a personal calling.

I still don't see why that would be considered in any way virtuous or advisable

Imagine your archetypes all in a house together. Someone calls to the door with a new religion. The "Jew" considers the caller's claims but rejects them because the caller is unable to provide a sign that God is with him. The "Greek" listens very carefully, but rejects the religion because it's claims are logically inconsistent. The "Christian" just says "That sounds brilliant" and joins up immediately.

Why would anyone want to be that sort of person. What am I missing here? (Apart from faith, obviously.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit