Is the WTS slowly turning into a mainstream religion?

by obiwan 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

It has always been a "mainstream" religion... simply by virtue of:

1. Being a false prophet, so that they

2. Mislead God's sheep to follow them, vs. the Fine Shepherd, by 3. Organizing a "church" or "congregation," which it is in fact Christ himself who "builds" God's "house", as well as 4. It's "fruits" of hatred of and hypocrisy against those not "like" them 5. By their teaching AGAINST the "fast" of JAH (Isaiah 58:6, 7)... including: a. NOT looking after the widows and orphans among them, but devouring their "houses" instead b. NOT feeding the hungry and clothing the naked of their neighbors c. NOT receiving strangers hospitably, and d. The "hiding" of oneself from one's own flesh (please look this up in ANY version except the NWT!) 4. Its denial of Christ... versus themselves... as our ONE mediator by sitting themselves in the "seat" of Moses 5. Its failure to show mercy and FORGIVE the sins of others, rather than JUDGE, as well as 6. Its failure to love... even its enemies... thereby, having a FORM of "godly devotion," but proving FALSE to its power

They are included in the fulfillment of those spoken of in Matthew Chapter 23.

And although many "mainstream" religions are attempting change in these current times, they ALL at one time, walked according to such "unprofitableness." I give you its history:

The Spanish Inquisition (Catholic conversion of "heathens") The Crusades (Catholic massacre of Muslims) The Witch hunts (Protestant) The European sale and U. S. slavery of Africans (Protestant) The Holocaust (Catholic) and every other "unholy" undertaking of this type... by religion.

True, the WTBTS does not/has not engaged in such things... literally. However, TECHNICALLY they engage in it every day, by virtue of the very desire... of their HEARTS! Such hated exists IN them... that they RELISH a "day" when all who are not "like" them... are killed in some great war. True, they don't have hearts SO "black" that they would to do it themselves... but the desire to HAVE it done... is just as bad. For such things START... with the heart, do they not?

Thus, rather than doing as Christ did, which is releasing... and what the Prophets (including Moses) did... which is pray on BEHALF of the people for them to be FORGIVEN, these... the WTBTS and its followers... cry out for vengeance... blood... destruction... which "plague" may actually be delivered... upon THEM. Thus, we are told:

"Get OUT of her, my people, if you do NOT want to share with her in her sins and if you do NOT want to receive part of her plagues! For her sins have amassed together clear up to heaven, and God God has called her acts of injustice to mind! Render to HER even as SHE rendered... and do to her... twice as much!"

May those who have ears... hear: put YOUR desire for vengeance behind you... and pray for their escape!

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez
    It may be like the movement of a glacier but at least it is movement.

I wanna make a bowel movement joke, but Frannie beat me to it with her excellent cow poop analogy.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Not ever so long as it retains either its elitism nor its shunning policy will it ever amount to a pimple on a private's ass.

But doesn't that one sentence show that their elitism is starting to faid just a little? And as for a pimple, even that has to bust at some point in time.

It may be like the movement of a glacier but at least it is movement.
    Yep, I agree. I never said it would be a flood gate. But a trickle is a start. Eventually the dam will break.
  • freein89
    freein89

Obiwan, I have modified my stand on this after reading Dr. Cox' article in Liberty magazine. Great stuff have you read it? I am starting to believe they will almost surely be forced to do or die. The internet may force them into the light. ALL of their lies and secrets are being brought into the open and there is not one thing they can do about it. Damn! I love being a part of all that. Dr. Cox said that all organizations have a will to survive and the WTS is no exception. The blood issue of course is a prime example and the pinata is too. How can they continue to shun when the horrible grief and pain it causes is made public. HOT DIGGITY DOG this is fun and exciting, could we be watching and participating in the demise of that cruel and patriarchal organization?

I think I resisted your idea because personally I would rather watch them be shut down forever rather than modify their teachings and behavior. But as you can see, I can be reasoned with. Another thing Dr. Cox said is that the pace would be slow, but that the truth about them may force a more hurried pace. The thing is moving faster than they can back peddle.

Deb

• obiwan
    obiwan

freein89, I hope you don't think that I was trying to force the issue on you (or anyone else for that matter).

I have not read the mag, but I'm picking it up today! You made the point, that for some reason I had a hard time trying to convey. If the wts does want to survive, they will have to change in order to stay alive and be accepted. Thus becomeing more "main stream".

I too, know how you feel concerning the wts shutting down for good. But when large amounts of money are involved, nobody in the wts would want to see it die.

And yes, this is soooo cool!

• freein89
    freein89

No, I did not feel like you were forcing anything on me. I had the feeling that you were making a point that you felt very strongly about and I considered it seriously. You made your point very well and I felt it deserved consideration. And I do agree with you. I don't ever want to be so strongly entrenched in my own opinions that I cannot consider a point well made. The whole point of not being a witness (at least to me) is that I am free to give thought to an issue with no preconceived ideas. I like it.

Deb

• Panda
    Panda

How does a publishing company turn into a religion in the first place?

Do you mean to tell me that no one has seen those pinata's running up to the podium and blaspheming the GB?

Has anyone been df'ed for having a pinata? Next b'days will be ok because when else would you have a pinata?

So many Bible based superstitions are oriented towards western european beliefs ;that anyone other than northern european "christian"caucasians are practicing evil witchy demonic satanic religion. Isn't that why missionaries got started? To bring righteous whitness to the heathen? To change eons old traditions into reasons for df'ing or being burned at the stake?

Pretty soon the WTS will be saying that Pyramid power is just fine and dandy .... hey wam HELLO ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit