What is the biggest problem with the JWS religion or the Watchtower Corporation from a sociological and theological perspective ?

by Finkelstein 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Many have spent years associated with JWS religion and having eventually left it for numerous reasons but if you were to directly pinpoint a source of the problem with this religious organization what would it be ?

In my personal viewpoint it would have be the core operation of literature proliferation and other products associated with the WTS. Corporation.

Once you think about it everything is focused around the operation of the WTS publishing house, its distribution and circulation of its published goods. The doctrines the WTS created were also devised to enhance and aid in the proliferation of the publications of what the WTS produced.

Those set doctrines of course were strongly enforced and protected, making an open criticism of one or any would get a member quickly muzzled and deposed of.

Members are expected and encouraged to distribute the WTS literature and hand in their hours of activity in doing so also counting the literature they placed.

People are closely scrutinized to their personal appearance and clothing at the designated Halls and when out in public, a strict code of appearance is strongly enforced over the members.

There has been a long standing propagation of soon to come death and destruction over mankind that if you dont do exactly what the leaders of the WTS say, you will be killed and your family at the soon to come day of judgment.

The falsity of those imposing doctrines made by the WTS. have proven false from both biblical and secular knowledge.

In other words Jehovah's chosen earthly publishing house have proven to be a pretentious underling commercial fraud, built and framed around subjective righteous spirituality.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If [I] were to directly pinpoint a source of the problem with this religious organization what would it be?

It would be the BITE method they use to be a dangerous mind control cult.

Behavior Control
    Information Control
    Thought Control
    Emotional Control

They tell members what to think act and how to feel about it, and cause members' own mental growth to stagnate or stop. They withhold vital information that would allow members to see the real truth of things.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They are manipulative liars whose sole purpose is to control every aspect of their members lives for their own egos and the power it gives them .

And they use religion as their tool to fool those that belong to their faith.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jehovah's Witnesses have submitted to and are captives of a bogus authority which heralds a false gospel that prevents them from knowing or having a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Eternal life is in personally knowing Jesus, not taking in information about Him.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They are manipulative liars whose sole purpose is to control

every aspect of their members lives for their own egos and

the power it gives them.

True well said Smiddy3

It wasn't always that way mind you, Russell was more concerned about the literature being published and distributed and he never created social behavior controls upon the IBSA members, the enforced judgemental controls followed by punishment began when Rutherford took over the WTS.

It grew into a high controlling religious cult from there.

One might say the WTS needs to be a commercial fraud as a means to sustain itself and the people who live off the Organization.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think they need to be a bit more open and transparent with their members. The Bishop in the church that I attend was telling the congregation that the Pope in Rome had put out a request of “what do the catholic youth want in a church, and how can the more effectively deal with their youth”. I was surprised by what the bishop said as I thought it would of been more social functions through the church. In fact this wasnt mentioned at all. The number one thing sited was openness. transparency, and an organisation that was forth coming in admitting mistakes. They also wanted to know that a religious organisation was been honest. To be honest this wasn’t something I was expecting from its youth that the bishop openly acknowledged. It something the wt could learn from the Catholics .

• Giordano
    Giordano

The WT started as a publishing house with a dangerous slice of religious absolution on the plate. They dreamed up the answers for questions not considered. So did the Mormon's, Christian Scientist's and Scientology.

Along with any other number of 19th century and 20th century religions who have proved to be dangerous and ultimately....worthless.

Within their core beliefs they have demonstrated a dislike for women and children should any of them make demands or stray from their revealed and always changing truth.

In the words of Eric Hoffer writing The True Believer a book that never mentioned the JW'S or WTBTS:

The true believer is apt to see himself as one of the chosen, the salt of the earth, the light of the world, a prince disguised in meekness, who is destined to inherit this earth and the kingdom of heaven, too. He who is not of his faith is evil; he who will not listen shall perish.

All mass movements rank obedience with the highest virtues and put it on a level with faith.

There can be no mass movement without some deliberate misrepresentation of facts.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The "biggest problem" is that the wtbts still exists!

just saying!

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"The "biggest problem" is that the wtbts still exists!

just saying!"

- Not for very much longer my friend.

• vienne
    vienne

I see it as a theological-organizational problem. The Watchtower emphasizes the group and its leaders. The New Testament does too. But the Watchtower abandoned emphasis on personal relationship with and personal responsibility to God and Christ.

So they are dependent on a group of seven men whom they've crafted into a 'second mediator' between God and humans. They thank the Governing Body for spiritual food. They should be pointing to God instead. They say to follow the Governing Body's instructions, but they should be telling us to follow Jesus' word and example.

They misdirect spiritual inquiry by a falsely built authority structure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit