by jayhawk1 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Walter...be cool man...we're eating their food.....*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• avishai
    avishai

alt Here is my dream bike, a Vincent balck prince. Good luck finding one over here, though

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Valis me old mucker,thanks for doing the pics.

Cheers,

Rich.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Walter Geez, you should have been a movie star. Maybe Ray can get you a part in "his" next movie.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Movie star??? Hahahaha!!!

Well, come to think of it, I HAVE been called a bad actor a few times.

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
  • Gadget
    Gadget

My dream bike would be a Ducati 999, but theres no way I could get one of them in the near future. Much more realistically I would like a TL1000. Am I the only person on here that prefers sports bikes? For me the best bits of having a bike was getting from point to point as fast as possible, especially on the twisty country roads near where I live. Disclaimer: I only went about 70(ish) mph!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Gadget, I shouldn't tell you this then but I've raced / track day'ed a 916, 996, 998 and 999. As good as the old (916 style) bike is, the new 999 is a huge improvment. So much more stable under braking (big ball brakes too ) and you can actually square off turns on it. The 916 bike wanted very smooth, GP style riding, apex to apex.

The 999 was the first bike I learned how to control rear wheel spins exiting corners - spin it up at the apex and you can get the bike turned quicker, stood up on the middle of the tire quicker.

The TL-R is a decent bike (great motor) but the handling leaves much to be desired. Everyone I know racing them sinks a lot of time/money into the suspension, and still has a bike that they have to ride around the front end problems on. One guy a raced with (was very quick too) was always destroying front tires, if he stayed upright!

Have you thought about a used Duc? You can get 996's for next to nothing nowdays.

• Valis
    Valis

Avi...maybe this website could help you find one..

http://www.thevincent.com/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Cool bikes, guys and gals. One of these days when I have time to learn how to run a computer better I will have many pictures to post. My personal life has been too busy and this is the first time I had to look at the post since page 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit