I will show you mine, show me your... motorcycle

by jayhawk1 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I haven't ridden a bike in 30 years. This was my first, a 1949 BSA A7 with solid rear suspension.

Refitting the head was a nightmare. Push rods and valve gear cups would just not line up.

Englishman

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

LOL at scootergirl. I was just waiting for you to come in from the shadows and post on this thread. I didn't think you could resist. Nice to hear from you !

Nice bike BTW

LOL xjw.......yeah, for a girl I have a real soft spot for bikes! Guess it is in my blood! If I didn't have all these "family responsibilities" I would be riding all over the country! Oh well, I get as much riding in as I can and for however long the riding season allows up here.

• Valis
    Valis

For My Good Friend Trucker...Cheers Matey!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

Valis,

I don't quite know how you hosted all that, but it was bloody good, mate!

Englishman, westering home with a song in the air.....

• Valis
    Valis

Eman...I have a piece of software called Picasa. It organizes your images and also creates the web page for you. All I do after that is put the folder online. You can download a trial copy here..For $30.00 its awesome.

http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Eric
    Eric

Great pics everyone. Nothing gets me as jazzed up about JWD as the idea there are a bunch of riders here.

Fast bikes hit me with a surge of adreneline that signals a metalic taste that starts in my soft palate and rains down upon my tongue until I am the taste.

Awesome portfolio of Truckers trip, Valis. Very cool.

This is just a pic of me heading out at 6AM on my trip from Toronto to Vancouver Island earlier this summer. 13,000km round trip. 5,000km out, 5,000km back, 3,000km spent just strafing roads in beautiful B.C.

The trip only changed the way I look at life, the way I think about my goals, and why I want the things I want.

Simple, really.

Eric

• Aztec
    Aztec

Have I mentioned how hot men on bikes are? Or women? LOL!

~Aztec wishes she could afford a Harley!

• smack
    smack

Nice looking 'storm Eric. That isn't snow next to you is it? in summer?

Tasmania is recognised as the top riding spot in Australia, for such a small island, a 2 weeks trip would not do it justice.

The only down side is, if you fall off, hope they find you before dark......those Tas Devils will eat anything that can't run away.

I'm a member of the Ulysses Motorcycle Club. It has over 25,000 members in Aus and is for people over 50. Those over 40 can

join as junior members.

I also regularly ride with an internet mob called Aus.motorcycles. All computer geeks.

Steve

• Valis
    Valis

Eman, please make sure Truck knows I did that for him. I know he drives the lorrie a lot, but just let him know the Texas branch of the Fox & Hound Club is oldin up it end matey!...Cheers!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Here's an old one I dug up of me on a chopped 650 Triumph.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit