How Does Your Internet Persona Differ From....

by Frannie Banannie 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm more carefree and humorous in person...and generally not as loud....I state my point...but I'd be less likely to call you an idiot to your face...I would only imply it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I would say other than the fact that i'm a lot less shy here than i am face-to-face, there is no difference.

Tink, I'm a lot less shy here, too, cher!

I'm pretty much the same funny/sarcastic person in real life. I am definitley more of a rebel online than I am in real life..

Yesh, Australian, me, too...but face to face, I don't verbalize what I'm thinking as much...

I also think I flirt more online but my wife says I'm always flirting...

WHULL! Flirting can be fun, Australian......

I'm a bit more bold in reality. I tend to pull punches here, because all of us have issue's that need mending or addressed. Certain reactions to things said here are to be expected since most of us have been repressed for so long.
    I understand that, Obi....There's less chance of me lettin' my alligator mouth overload my humminbig behind where other peep's feelings and sensitivities are concerned, since I have time to contemplate what I'll say and then can edit.
    Noone can see my facial reactions, body language, or voice tone. It makes my personality stand out much more.
    It makes my personality stand out much more.

Yes....that's true, Nos.....but what if you WERE an *sshole? ...just kidding....

In person I am quite shy with people I don't know well and I swear more than I do on-line other than that what you see is what you get

Lady Lee, I'm pretty shy, too...till I get to feeling comfortable with people....that's because ya never know who has a sense of humor and who doesn't....and nobody like's to "play" to a "dead audience."..

I am pretty much the same. Ravyn
    Somehow, Ravyn....I sensed that about you....
    I'm basically the same... only a bit more shy.
    Me, too, Else....I just keep a "lower profile" in real life....
    It is much easier for me to express myself via the written word than verbally. Hence, I tend to be much less of a conversationalist in real time than in cyberspace. This is likely why I have chosen to become an author. I dread when my book comes out and I have to do readings/book signings. I will either frighten or bore everyone!
    SanFranciscoJim, that holds true for me, too...much easier to express myself with the written word...easier to collect my thoughts....I'm not a talker, either....Let us know when your book is published....What's it gonna be about, eh?
    I'm more carefree and humorous in person...and generally not as loud
    Really, Yerus? Who coulda known dat?
    I state my point...but I'd be less likely to call you an idiot to your face...I would only imply it.
    HYUH! Yerus, dat's a good way ta getcher nuts cancelled, idnit?
    Frannie B Click to subscribe to ExJWsRockandRoll
  • Inquiry
    Inquiry

LOL @ Frannie... you crack me up woman... (alligator mouth overloading my hummingbird behind... lol) Visit Smiley Central!

I'm pretty much the same... I let myself be a little more vulnerable online than in person... that's because we all share in a common experience... people who haven't had much to do with JWs don't seem to get it...Visit Smiley Central!

Inq

• Valis
    Valis

Naughtier in person I think...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Naughty But Nice" class

• micheal
    micheal

Without a doubt my true personality does not come through online. I love that face to face contact with people, the face expressions, tone of voice etc.. In person I am much personable, funny and confident than online.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i didn't think that was possible! :P

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

i didn't think that was possible! :P

You beat me to it tink! I would have to say that I'm more reserved in person only because the people i deal with in person are typically JW's or business associates; so I can't really be my true self. If i was at an Apostafest with everyone here I would like to think that I would let my hair down and be rather close to the persona that I have here on-line. Winston.

• Scully
    Scully

When I first meet people face-to-face, I'm rather quiet and like to observe and 'get a feel' for everyone else's comfort level. Sometimes, I like to let other people just talk to their heart's content and listen. I like keeping the conversation going with questions.

Love, Scully

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I let myself be a little more vulnerable online than in person... that's because we all share in a common experience... people who haven't had much to do with JWs don't seem to get it...

LOL@Inq! Woman who fly plane upside down have crackup....I allow for more vulnerability online, too, Inq...but I think it hasta do with the fact that it's with xdubs I feel I can do that....

OHHH! No doubt about it, Valis....annnnd....paybacks are a beetch (cyber pinch on Valis's wazoo)

I would have to say that I'm more reserved in person only because the people i deal with in person are typically JW's or business associates; so I can't really be my true self.

That's understandable, Win...

If i was at an Apostafest with everyone here I would like to think that I would let my hair down and be rather close to the persona that I have here on-line.

Good on ya, Win! So would we all....

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

oooooops, Michael! I almost missed ya..

Without a doubt my true personality does not come through online. I love that face to face contact with people, the face expressions, tone of voice etc.. In person I am much personable, funny and confident than online.

awwww, Michael.....idnit funny how some are the way you are and some are exactly opposite from that?.....But I understand what you mean about the FtF contact....I have a tendency to read the "body language" more than listen to what's being said....which is prolly why I have a hard time following their train of thought...LOL....but at least I know how they FEEL about what they're saying...(snicker)

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit