NFL week one...

by Aztec 36 Replies latest social physical

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yep, you got it right about Hogeboom, rocketman. His one big game was opening game against the Rams on Monday Night football. After that it was spares ahoy.

I can understand how you feel about Fontes, Aztec. But we had Barry Switzer and Dave Campo. Yeesh!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Rocketman, I tried to make excuses for the Bears....All those games on the road etc.....my husband was sooo depressed that they lost....I don't know what he expected though.

With the McCaskey's refusal to open their wallet and pay for talent, they are getting exactly what they paid for. They are taking advantage of long time Bears fans and they know that the die hard fans will keep coming no matter how bad they are. As they did for decades. Now they have a nice stadium (almost) and they took away all the PSL's, they even slapped those poor souls in the face.

I am glad we are far enough away to not see every game.....he would be a basket case by the end of the season and we would have holes in the walls.

At least Jim Miller has a job, even if he is not playing. He deserves better than the treatment they gave him.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Aztec,

Poor kid! He needs to rest. A concusion? What the h***? He shouldn't be playing until he's doing better.

That's part of the problem, Kurt ain't no kid. I heard one sportscaster say Warner looked old out there yesterday...that's because he IS old. Remember, he's young to the NFL, but he's not young...he started his career late.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The stars are out of alinement or something. The Seahawks won. I can't remember when they last won a home opener.

• obiwan
    obiwan

The stars are out of alinement or something. The Seahawks won. I can't remember when they last won a home opener. Yeah, against the Saints of all things! I think the biggest surprise of the weekend was the Packers gettin spanked, how the heck did that happin?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Who the heck are the Texans anyhow?

• obiwan
    obiwan

Who the heck are the Texans anyhow? A Dallas Cowboy wanna be.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Thanks for confirming Tex....yep, another Clint Longley!

Teeny, you're right - it starts at the top, and Chicago hasn't done what they could to get good players. Thankfully, they did have a good run during the tail end of Walter Payton's career. Otherwise, they'd have wasted him the same way they wasted Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers. I wonder if Urlacher is going end up as another Butkus - a great player stuck on a mediocre/bad team.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

OH MY GOD I LOVE FOOTBALL!!

Especially when the Vikings win!

(looking forward to some much needed Monday Night football too!!) WOOO HOOO!!

• crownboy
    crownboy

Aztec, I'm not a Cleveland Browns fan by any means, but they most definitely have been better than the Lions. They made the postseason last year and were almost through to the 2nd round of the playoffs had it not been for a very unfortunate fourth quarter collapse. I was actually rooting for the Browns to win their game against Pittsburgh, because that would have set up the Jets (my team) to play the Titans in the second round instead of the Raiders.

Well anyway, the Jets had a minor setback in Week One, but here's hoping for a rebound this Sunday versus the Dolphins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit