NFL week one...

by Aztec 36 Replies latest social physical

• Aztec
    Aztec

Rocket, have I mentioned how completely adorable you are? The Bengals will get it together...one of these days..LOL!

Yes Stacey, we got ourselves a decent coach....finally! After the Wayne Fontes and Marty Morningwege disasters we deserve it!

Tex, Gary tried...LOL! He really did. Harrington is going to be a great QB! I have so much hope for the future!

Not Interested, why am I not surprised to see you posting on this thread? I love the Vikings too! Not as much as the Lions of course but hey.....

We are hosting the Superbowl here in Detroit in a few years so hopefully our Lions will be up to snuff by then...hopefully!

It's the day after and I'm still so hyped for the Lions. I cannot tell you how much fun it is to go to a game LIVE!!! My son and I did the wave and danced and acted goofy! I am going to make a point of going to at least two more games this season.

~Aztec

PS forgot to mention...Nappy Roots, LOL!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Aztec, you're so sweet!

Tex, I remember Gary Hogeboom. If I recall correctly, he was kind of like Clint Longley - had one good game and then was touted as a future regular QB, but quickly faded. He played in the early 1980s, and I recall seeing him stpe in for Danny White during Dallas' 1982 NFC Championship Game loss to the Redskins......that's off the top of my head - I'm going to do a Google on him to confirm.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Rocket, I'm sweet but I'm mean as hell when it comes to footballl! Grrrrrrrrr! *Trying really hard to be a bi***! Can you see my mean face? I predict the Lions will win their division...LOL! J/K

Hogeboom? OMG! I remember him!

I need to play some tag team football instead of watching it...

~Aztec

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I can't believe Warner played the second half...Bugler should have been brought in...Warner needs to bench for a while and recover from the brain damage he suffered...Geesh.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yeah Yeru, I agree. Poor kid! He needs to rest. A concusion? What the h***? He shouldn't be playing until he's doing better.

~Aztec

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, a search brings up some stuff, but I can't seem to pinpoint what happened in that 1982 NFC title game. Washington beat Dallas 31-17. I seem to recall Hogeboom getting into that game late.

Here's a link to the 1984 Dallas QB "controversy" involving Danny White and Hogeboom.

Aztec, sorry to take this topic on a slight loop-de-loop......back to NFL week one!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    49's beat the Bears...Yay! I hate most Chicago teams although I love Chicago people. Sorry!

'Da Bears....My husband and I went to a bar that has satellite to watch the game....some thoughts:

The Bears committment to mediocrity is in danger....they will have to battle Cincinnati for the worst record in the league and the #1 draft pick.

At least they held the 49's under 50 (Or, the 49's were kind enough to not score again....it already was the worst opening game on record for the Bears).......

Where is hell Jim Miller?!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hey Az, here's some Lions trivia: Wayne Fontes is both the winningest and losingest coach in Lions history. Yep, more wins, but also more losses, than any other of their mostly forgettable coaches.

Here's to Mooch getting their sorry history (since the late 50s anyway) turned around!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Teeny, the Bears parted ways with Miller to make room for Kordell Stewart. Tampa Bay obtained him, but he's had shoulder surgery and is still not ready to play.

You are right about the Bears. They've been mediocre to downright bad in acquiring talent, especially on offense. QB is a real problem - besides Jim McMahon, when's the last time that team had a good QB? My goodness, you'd have to go back to Sid Luckman, who played in the 1940s!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Teeny, sorry but I can't stand da Bears. Blech! At least they've won a Superbowl in the last 20 years!

Rocket, don't mention Wayne. Please. We're embarrassed that he was ever here.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit