NFL week one...

by Aztec 36 Replies latest social physical

• undercover
    undercover
    Panthers beat the Jaguars...who cares?

Panthers might be a team to watch as the season progresses. I think John Fox is heading them in the right direction. Remember, you heard it here first, or second maybe.

Who the heck are the Texans anyhow? A Dallas Cowboy wanna be.

I wouldn't think anybody would wanna be a Cowboys wanna be right now.

The first will be last and the last will be first. Good news for the Lions. At least until week 8. Then it'll all go to hell like usual.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Crownboy,

"I'm not a Cleveland Browns fan by any means, but they most definitely have been better than the Lions"

Hasn't everyone been better than the Lions? They've sucked for so long that it's really time to do something errrr anything!!!! I'd pick just about anyone over the Dolphins. I really hate them! I have no rational reason for feeling this way but, I do.

Undercover,

"Good news for the Lions. At least until week 8. Then it'll all go to hell like usual."

Don't remind me. What can I say but, Detroiters are sports nuts! A few years ago Sports Illustrated rated the best sports cities and Detroit was number one. Granted this was shortly after the University of Michigan football team won the national championship and the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup but, you won't find too many cities who are crazy about their teams than Detroit. With enough public support and the changes they've made, the Lions may turn things around finally. Let's hope anyway!

~Aztec

PS Jo, did I mention that you are the coolest chick on the planet?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Hasn't everyone been better than the Lions?

Nope. Y'all have beaten Dallas two years in a row.

• Aztec
    Aztec

LOL! Really?

Holy shi*t!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Well.... I was very happy with the results from Sunday. I must say I was especially pleased with the Ass Kicking KC handed to San Diego and was equally thrilled with the Raiders loosing to the Titans.

Now if only Denver, OAK, and SD would loose next week! If they do, KC will have sole possesion of first place in the AFC west since I dont remember when!

Louisiana District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey PR! Nice to see you around again.

Yep, those Chiefs showed a whole lot more defense than I thought they'd have. Let's see if they keep it up. Y'all might have the division after all. Denver's got the single most overrated player in the league at QB, Oakland is too old and San Diego doesn't have all the pieces yet.

Maybe. Just maybe.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

PR:

I think you are dreaming. I really don't think Cincinatti has much of a chance of beating Oakland this week. Denver also looks pretty good to beat the Chargers

But I do think your Chiefs will edge out Pittsburgh this week. Both teams looked great in Week 1 but KC at home ... I have to take the home field this time.

I also don't hold out much hope for Dallas this week either. As it stands right now, these are my picks for the Week 2

Miami over Jets

Baltimore over Cleveland

Tennessee over Indy

Green Bay over Detroit (sorry Aztec)

Atlanta over Washington (yep Johnson will carry them just fine till Vick returns)

Buffalo over Jacksonville

Saints over Houston

San Fran over St. Louis

KC over Steelers (sorry Stiller fans)

Tampa Bay over Carolina

Seattle over Arizona

New England over Philly

Denver over San Diego

Oakland over Cinci

Minnesota over Chicago

Giants over Dallas

Share this