NFL week one...

by Aztec 36 Replies latest social physical

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay noone make fun of me but I am truly *geeked* about my Lions this year! I scored some really and I mean REALLY cheap tix for todays home opener for my son and I. I have always wanted to get to a home opener and for the first time in my life: I did!!!! We had so much fun and I screamed so much that I'm a bit hoarse...LOL! Aside from the sore throat I am sooo good! The Lions destroyed the Cardinals 42-24. Okay, I know, it was the Cardinals but c'mon...they've only won five games in the last two years! I stuck around to give my Lions a standing ovation along with everyone else. What a great game and what a great experience for my son and I! I can't wait to call my dad and tell him...he's gonna be soooooooooooo jealous!

So, week one: Any surprises?

Broncos beat the Bengals...Yay!

Chiefs beat the Chargers...no big surprise there

Giants beat the Rams? WTF? Poor Kurt! I hope he recovers swiftly.

Panthers beat the Jaguars...who cares?

Seahawks beat the Saints...Seahawks sounds like a tasty drink more than a football team...LOL

Redskins beat the Jets..no shock there...

Bills beat the Patriots...again, I don't care..sorry

Colts beat the Browns..the Browns are the only team that sucks as bad as the Lions so I kinda feel for them. Plus, I have friends in Cleveland. Poor, poor souls!

Texans beat the Dolphins...good cause I hate the Dolphins! Really!

Steelers beat the Ravens..another game I just don't care about

Vikings beat Green Bay...OMG! I love both of these teams so I couldn't really root for one or the other but, I'm kind of glad the Vikings took it cause the Pack has been a b***h to deal with lately and I hope they softened them up some for their game next week with my beloved Lions. Most likely Favre will come out and kick our a$$es but...a girl can dream right?

49's beat the Bears...Yay! I hate most Chicago teams although I love Chicago people. Sorry!

Falcons beat the Cowboys....Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahha! LOL!

All in all I'm pretty happy with the first week's outcome. Go Lions!

Harrington looked pretty good eh? ;-)

~Aztec

• wednesday
    wednesday

It is going to take bill parcells a while to whip these guys into shape.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Goof-up of the week: Predictably, it comes from the Cincinnati Bengals, who decide to wear all-black uniforms on an 80 + degree day in Cincy. Bengals, repeat after me....Black ABSORBES heat. That team's been so stupid over the years, so it's not surprising that they'd screw up on uni choice too.

• jelly
    jelly

Im a huge life long steelers fan.

The steelers rocked today, their offence is fab. Next week will be a good test as they go to KC and face what, at least by todays game, appears to be a greatly imporved D and an offense that can throw. I am picking the steelers to win the AFC north but that is not saying much this year. I am not going to get too excited until I see how pittsburgh holds up to another good offensive team.

I watchted the New York, Rams game. Warner looked tired and confused. Of couse he was nailed several times today as his O-line did little to help him. Overall both teams were less than impressive, but New York looked somewhat better than the rams.

Terry

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

The Lions are starting off on the right foot by hiring away a 49ers coach. Good job...

My dad is nuts over the Niners. Maybe that's why I like them? Are the Bears supposed to be any good this year? That quarterback for them looked terrible.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    My dad is nuts over the Niners.

My fave team too. I like youir dad already.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Predictably, it comes from the Cincinnati Bengals, who decide to wear all-black uniforms

Good call rocketman. That is the single worst look I've ever seen in the NFL.

I'd like to go on record as saying Quincy Carter cannot play in the NFL. I said that when he was drafted in 2001, I said it again last year, and I'll say it again now. I'd rather have Gary Hogeboom.

Are the Bears that bad or are the Niners that good? I wasn't expecting much from them this year. I'm still concerned about Garcia's back and Erickson must have nude picture of someone. That's the only explanation for how he keeps getting hired. He is the most overrated coach since Wayne Fontes.

So has Kurt Warner lost it? Or is the Rams' OL that bad? I like Harrington, he's going to be a good one for a long time. The Lions need a running game, and bad. We'll see if Olandis Gary can do it or not.

• jelly
    jelly

The Bears quarterback is a guy named Kordell Stewart, former steeler QB. All I can say to bear fans out there is welcome to hell.

I think Stewart might be able to do well in the right type of offensive scheme. He is a runner with the ability to make people miss, his passes tend to be inaccurate and he often misses reads and hot routes. If Stewart played on a team that ran the option he could be dangerous, but no pro team is willing to risk their QB in that way. Basically watching Stewart over the years here is what I think he needs.

1. Running plays designed for him and put in the offence

2. Never drop back to pass always rolling out to strong or weak side

3. Short passes only, nothing greater than 15 yards

4. Simplified reads for blitzes and the such

5. A team with an extremly strong run game

Terry

• not interested
    not interested

he he he the vikings won the game he he

• NAPPY ROOTS
    NAPPY ROOTS

Steelers are my team and I was soooooooo happy to see Kordell leave. What Kordell needs is a nice comfy cushion because he will be watching the game from the bench.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit