Just what is a "District Overbeer?"

by logansrun 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

Congratulations Bradley. I can't think of a finer person to be appointed. I can still drink you under the table though dear. ;-)

*raises martini in toast*

~Aztec

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Congratulations Bradley!!

Well done...and well deserved.

Here's to you!!

Lisa

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

*Cracks open one eye*

*Is almost falling asleep due to heavy partying and it is 5.14 AM here*

*lights up ciggie*

*is momentarily caught up in ciggie high mixed with other highs*

Logansrun!!! Congrats and welcome in the ranks of DO, my brother. May your heart always be filled with love for beer, may your head be able to withstand the hangovers, and may your fridge always be ready for a beer-invasion.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

*raises martini in toast*

Aztec, you will need to change your drinking habits if you should expect to participate in the overbeer program one of these days. An over beer must extoll the joys of beer drinking and set a fine example. A martini is fine if you are among the elite of this world, but the focus must be on beer. At any rate, if you take any of this very seriously you will go around the bend and never come back to the normal world. Bug

• smack
    smack

Is there a Bethel in the Kegdom? I'd like to crack a few open there.

How about auxillary piobeering, I could do that for a whyle, but not ready to commit

smack

not an overbeer, there's never enough to share

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Cool! Congrats Logans.....when I come visit, the beer is now on you!

I'll pass reports to Valis to ensure quality.....

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Is there a Bethel in the Kegdom?

Was that Bethel, or did you mean Brothel?

We need to have an Aussie Overbeer. As far as attending apostafests, I'm probably the most prolific, but when it comes to I'm not a huge consumer of it. I prefer

Ozziepost is the connoisseur of wine but not beer. Smack is a drinker, but he hasn't been to any of our apostafests (yet). What to do, oh what to do???

Valis, oh Great District Overbeer, what do you suggest?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Bug, while I can happily extol the virtue of a good beer, I still like to partake in mixed drinks of various kinds and good red wine. I've tried many interesting drinks from Absinthe to Everclear and I still think a good Bloody Mary is the finest thing to drink. My good Canadian friends will, most likely, try to persuade me otherwise tomorrow...LOL!

~Aztec :-)

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Congrats Brother Logansrun!

May you always be filled with Holy Spirits!

Walter
    Canadian District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

I actually came across the expression "overbeered" when I first started to read Colin Dexters novels about Inspector Morse.

Morse is a brilliant police officer who has a weakness for classical music, pretty women, crosswords and old Jaguars. His major weakness, however, is for quaffing several pints of good ale each lunchtime and always forgetting his wallet so that his assistant usually finishes up footing the bill. He often remarks that he is feeling "rather overbeered" after one of these sessions.

The books became so popular that a number of TV programmes were made featuring the late John Thaw as Inspector Morse.

John Thaw as Morse + Jaguar.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit