Faith-Apostasy-Atheism

by DoubtingThomas 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    DoubtingThomas2 hours ago

As I looked up at the beautiful deep blue sky at the beach, I was, once again, amazed!

The color and our eyes with the ability to perceive all the subtle shading, and the brain to appreciate it!

Then a hole opened up in the scatted clouds, and I realized that all you atheists had only your brief little lives to look forward to (not much left, in many cases), and I felt sad for you... and then the moment passed!

yet--the strange thing is when i look at the sky i dont feel in the least bit sad for you pinning all your hopes on a figment of your imagination.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

So the atheist goes; mocking others for their beliefs, while having the stupidest one.....

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Again, the moment passes!

• jhine
    jhine

Thomas you really are rude and not much of an advertisement for faith . Do you forget that we are told to love our neighbours as ourselves. I'm getting the distinct impression that you don't love yourself much .

Maybe because there is so much cognitive dissonance going on in your head.

Jan

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It’s funny how the Bible explicitly tells Christians to always be willing to give a reason for their faith, but when asked, no compelling reasons were given and they resort to insults instead.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Jeffro, no one has asked me to. (They would just ridicule them anyhow)

Jhine, I am just without tact, I will NEVER lie or insult.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    and I realized that all you atheists had only your brief little lives to look forward to (not much left, in many cases), and I felt sad for you... and then the moment passed!

As a child I would look up into the night sky and see what appeared to be an endless sea of black and stars. My father would gaze up next to me and say, "It makes you realize just how small and insignificant we are and how great Jehovah is."

Decades later I stood on a frozen mountain top. I saw the sky above and the valley below. For a moment I was the sky, the mountain, and the valley. I then realized that I was the universe experiencing itself. I am eternal, though changing form as conditions change. I realized then that life and death are the same thing.

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all. We are all one and separate at the same time. Not one. Not two.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

DoubtingThomas:

Jeffro, no one has asked me to.

That is a lie. I directly asked how you ‘know’ God is real, and you provided a lame argument from incredulity about ‘an accident of nature’ and then a tedious remark about ‘looking at the sky’. If people ridicule your ‘reasons’, provide better reasons. If you don’t have a better reason than ‘I can’t think of any alternative other than God’, then you have no good reason at all.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

THAT is the lie.

Well you described it as 'tedios', and refused to answer my question, on which an intelligent conversation hinged.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

TruthBeKnown- you LOST it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit