Faith-Apostasy-Atheism

by DoubtingThomas 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

I have been on m any different forums, and only CARM is similar to this.

All the rest have rather hypocritical trust in God.

This and CARM are for those who apostate to the WTBS and to God.

Turned off by the GB, or hypocritical examples in the congregation, they drop worshiping God and their belief in the Bible... for they KNOW too much,

That's why scripture isn't discussed, and JWs like me, are demonized.

I am cool with that! Maybe some of you will come to their senses!

• jhine
    jhine

So you feel that when people become disenchanted with WT for whatever reason then they shouldn't lose their faith in God ? Do you think that they should stay in The Truth whatever they find out about it ?

Jan

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

I'm saying they shouldn't lose their Faith in God and Christ!

• jhine
    jhine

So where should they go if they are too knowledgeable about the WT to stay in ?

Jan

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Where? Churches? Taking on Atheism?

Good question- I can't stomach the meetings. ZOOM or in person.

I often wonder about the faithful remaining in Israel after a Kind that was corrupt!

But I still have FAITH- even stronger than EVER! I guess I have the spirit to thank for that!

• jhine
    jhine

So going to a church , like wot l do , is out then ?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

DoubtingThomas:

I was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I was present when there was a change in the Watchtower's approach to making converts. The book I was studied with prior to Baptism was the Live Forever book. That book took time to not only teach what the Watchtower claims is truth based on its interpretation of the Bible, but it and many other publications of the day took time to attempt to disprove all other religions both Christian and non-Christian.

As a result, many who saw the Watchtower for what it is came to this conclusion - If all other religion is false and so is the Watchtower there must be no god. No true religion. That is what happened to me. What happened next was my life became a nihilistic train wreck.

What I eventually found out through study was that what the Watchtower prints about other religions has not always been true. There have been many half-truths or flat out misrepresentations of the truth. These are called "lies."

I know a lot of people on this website and other places debate the existence of the god of the Bible or whether Jesus really existed and was resurrected. For me, these things are not important. How the universe came to be, what happens when we die, these types of questions do not matter. How to live while we have this precious gift of life is the most important question.

Imagine if people actually lived by Jesus' teachings rather than argued to be right about something that does not matter.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

I recognize ALL of them important, TBK!

• jhine
    jhine

truth_be_known , exactly right . The whole premise of the WT when it discredits other religions ( Christianity) is so that when people realise TTATT they have been so brainwashed about Trinitarian faith groups in particular that although they have seen the WT to be a liar they still believe what they are told about this . A " if we can't have you no one will " attitude.

Thomas l bet that everything that you think that you know about Christendom is what you have learned from the WT , therefore the GB that you say you no longer trust .

All the Anti - Christendom " facts " that you have learnt have come from the pens of the GB writing team .

You seem to be encouraging people to think independently, which is great . Just how much truly independent research have you done into the doctrines of other faith groups. Do you still only read WT literature on the subject because of the suspicion that they have embedded in you about reading non JW sources?

Jan

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Oh, J- if only you KNEW!

I first doubted the Bible, and then what the WTBS was showing me.

And that was just the START!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit