Faith-Apostasy-Atheism

by DoubtingThomas 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

No- stan, I KNOW.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

How do you ‘know’?

If your answer is any of the following (but not necessarily limited to the following), then you don’t actually ‘know’:

• you ‘just know’
    • you ‘feel a relationship with God’
    • you had an experience for which you can’t think of a better explanation
    • any variation of ‘creation is amazing’
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    DoubtingThomas10 hours ago

No- stan, I KNOW.

in case you dont KNOW..typing in capitals is considered as SHOUTING..and therefore RUDE

But if you can refrain from shouting your replies--please take time to explain how you know. I'm sure some of us would like to know how you know.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

People can take it for wat they want; it's EMPHASIS.

It all starts with YOU: think you were an accident of nature?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

DoubtingThomas:

🤦‍♂️ This is a variation of ‘creation is amazing’. It is a tedious argument from incredulity. It is not evidence of a deity generally, and definitely not evidence of any specific deity.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    DoubtingThomasan hour ago

People can take it for wat they want; it's EMPHASIS.

could have been...a lot of us were.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Knowledge or "to know" is explain by one writer as -

Knowledge is empirical verification of what is...
    For the Perennial philosophy 'knowing' is the ontological primitive. By reduction it would be the foundation of your being and as such cannot be explained by reference to anything else.

By definition, we know very little in comparison to what we believe whether or not that belief is based on supporting evidence.

It is one thing to say "There is a god." It is an even more profound statement requiring greater proof to state "That god is a person." It is an even greater statement requiring even more profound proof to state "That personal god is the creator." From there even greater to state "That god is the god <insert name>." Finally, the greatest to state "God <insert name> only accept religion <insert name> as the one, true religion."

I do not believe there is sufficient evidence to support that there:

• is a personal god
    • with a name
    • who created everything
    • who wants to be worshipped
    • and that worship must come in the specific form of a particular religion.

I do believe that there may be something beyond my human comprehension that fits a very general description of what some might call a "god".

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

As I looked up at the beautiful deep blue sky at the beach, I was, once again, amazed!

The color and our eyes with the ability to perceive all the subtle shading, and the brain to appreciate it!

Then a hole opened up in the scatted clouds, and I realized that all you atheists had only your brief little lives to look forward to (not much left, in many cases), and I felt sad for you... and then the moment passed!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Lol, DoubtingThomas, I feel sad for you that you have an entirely made-up story in your mind about what others believe and how they should live their lives.

It seems to me you don't have much to look forward to in life except the hope that death comes soon so you can live in eternal bliss.

Atheism is how you are born, you aren't aware of anything like a deity and won't truly understand the concept until you're at least in your mid-30s or 40s. Your parents and others may teach you life lessons from a religious book, I'm all for the life lessons that ancient stories tell us, but then to take that to the extent that 'all others must believe as I do, or they are doomed' seems a sad way of then cutting yourself off from the rest of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit