Faith-Apostasy-Atheism

by DoubtingThomas 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asp59
    asp59

DoubtingThomas

Lots of people love and respect Gods name. They think it's horrible a organization that has Gods name is losing child abuse case's and lot's of other things going on( to many to mention). In old Jerusalem there would go out a warning and a repent after. People would go into moaning. You, like many other JWs seem too think this is the greatest thing ever happened ( situation org is in). So let it be that way. Go to jw.org and get ear's tickled.

• waton
    waton

let us make a choice : a) the universe created itself or b) it was somehow created, from uncreatable energy.

c) made by a person a creator/trice.

In case of c) the bible/wt writer's picture of the father (or mother nature) is a gross caricature, at best.

wt is an obstacle to really have a meaningful search, spiritually commensurate with the immensity that we experience.

fun fact: we live in the now, the ever moving zero length moment, the present, that is a present. cherish your presence.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Asp59- every church, religion, education system, and business / politics has them.

So the Lawyers are having a FIELD day- convicting those guilty and not!

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Waton:

Heb 1:1- In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

• waton
    waton
    2 but in these last days

DT in these last days we, who like to really find the truth , have developed technologies that could be used by the deity to really prove these fables of old are true, substantiate some modern day equivalent of the supposed miracles, messages. sadly, the record has it, that

the supposed co-creator of the universe endorsed the flood, waters over everest, a flat earth where you could see china from the mid east, and more ridiculous stuff. did not correct scientific errors, misconception in ancient "knowledge".

nothing destroys your credibility more certain than flops like that,

Playing J. S. Bach while you read it, does not help, if it is B.S.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

So it's "developed technogies" and those who use them you have put your FAITH in?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My journey in a nutshell.

Raised a JW. Was a JW until aged 50. Then went to a Baptist Church and felt at home.

Then one day I realised that there is no God answering prayers.

I now don't have any faith/belief in God, Devil or Unicorns.

I just go about my business. Faith seems to be the excuse people use when they can't find evidence.

Not everyone feels that way, but I do.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Journey from believing god has a name that identifies him apart from others to wondering. Then agnosticism. Then atheism; but wonder where "stuff" originated.

Works are supposed to be a sign. I see good things from churches, jews, muslims, athiests. Guess who falls off the list?

• jhine
    jhine

No Thomas, l don't know and l don't yet know why you told me that l was coming from a place of ignorance on another thread . I did ask and would like to know , as l said l am happy to be put right .

Jan

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

No, Punky, unicorns are real. Just ask my niece!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit