Faith-Apostasy-Atheism

by DoubtingThomas 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

PO- then you are a rare case when someone falls for church deception after losing faith (in men).

• jhine
    jhine

Punky, it's been said ( and repeated by me ) that the way the Org has been set up is such that anyone leaving it will lose faith.

Some , like you , do try mainstream churches but even then most seem to end up atheistic. As l said elsewhere it's an " if we can't have you , no one will " attitude .

Thomas, you seem good at dropping into threads , being caustic to people then moving on . Will you explain to me which place of ignorance l was coming from when l asked about JW healthcare in America. I would like to be put right if l was wrong in my assumptions.

Also l am curious as to which bits of JW doctrine you do find correct as you seem to want to defend the Org. against criticism while criticising it yourself .

Jan .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i didnt become atheist when i resigned from the cult.

i resigned because i was atheist!

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

They why did you 'sign-up'?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DT - PO- then you are a rare case when someone falls for church deception after losing faith (in men).

Your comment sounds rude, sanctimonious, mean and patronising. Was that your intention?

If not what is your intention with your comment?

• jhine
    jhine

Sorry Stan l didn't mean to insult anyone:) . Punky have you checked out Thomas's comments on other threads ?

Jan

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    DoubtingThomas2 hours ago

if you mean why did i join the cult ? I had no choice--mother got religion when i was pre-teen. Everything i did in the cult was to please her--or out of fear of being destroyed--then to please girlfriend / wife who i married to have sex with. She was a 3rd gen born in. I Finally stood up to them and walked when i was in my early 20's.

or--if you mean sign up on here? Mixed reasons. But i dont get involved in bible thumping or arguing with god squad types.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    jhine2 hours ago

Sorry Stan l didn't mean to insult anyone:

None taken Jan

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    punkofnice2 hours ago
    DT - PO- then you are a rare case when someone falls for church deception after losing faith (in men).

Your comment sounds rude, sanctimonious, mean and patronising. Was that your intention?

If not what is your intention with your comment?

I'm glad i'm not the only one to think this. Doubting Thomas seems to come across as aggressive - looking for a verbal punch up.

• asp59
    asp59

As a still in JW, im in doubt what to do. Do understand this org is part of Babylon now. Its a risk being in this org. My idé is leaders gonna be held rsponsible for this mess. But i could be wrong. Yeah unsure if i should abandon org or not. Hard decision 🤔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit