Adam could have put Jehovah In Paradox!

by JohnTron72 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

To define unconditional love is to say that a person loves someone unselfishly, that he or she cares about the happiness of the other person and will do anything to help that person feel happiness without expecting anything in return. In other words, the definition of unconditional love is "love without conditions."Nov 28, 2019

Animals can give this kind of love and most will say that dogs exemplify that quality. When I've had nothing else in this world, I've held my dog, cat, rat and have at least been comforted by them. You are right, God has conditional love.

That is why many who are raised in the JW religion have felt anxious about how God is judging them. Was I forgiven? Will the mistake I did, keep me from being in the paradise? What if I make a wrong decision during the Great Tribulation and that takes away my chance at life? One tiny mistake, and you are gone.

There are many that have expressed those fears to me and I myself who have grown up in this religion, have felt them too.

If God is love, why did he allow Adam and Eve to have children? Just like the child of David & Bathsheba whom God killed as a punishment to David, we are also "killed" by God as a punishment to Adam. That child suffered several days before dying. We can suffer years before dying of old age, diseases, genetic malfunctions etc. Heck we don't even have to be old to suffer and die. How many millions/billions have experienced this already? Yet God, because he loves us, wants to be absolutely sure that everyone knows how bad it is to disobey him. And so the suffering goes on and on. Oh I forgot, he wants us to know that it hurts him too.

• JohnTron72
    JohnTron72

I read various ones on here who try to make God out to be worse than Satan. Personally, I am understanding of why God doesn't allow any leaveway when he has told or given others in the past. It shows he doesn't change in his ideas to cater to man. Moses came down from the mountain and told everyone then that the paths they took would not only affect themselves but, the lives of their offspring and they must choose life. The same what he destroyed all Sodom and Gamorrah's bad inhabitants, he also didn't hold back from turning Lots own wife to salt when she didn't listen and looked back. Another instance was when one of the men helping to carry the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark swayed to its side and the man thinking it was going to capsize, touched it to straighten it back up. That man died instantly because, he touched the Ark which was forbidden. I have no worry about children who fell victim to the flood or any of the other instances because, he will resurrect them to a better world anyway. Sending Jesus showed his love. If you believe Jesus was Good, Jesus said if you have seen me, you've seen my father.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@JohnTron:

I am an atheist. But I read your posts. I decided to comment because it seemed like your conclusion didn’t quite follow from the argument, even after granting that your still operating in a JW theology.

Internal inconsistencies are the worst...

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

It was also punishable by death to have sex with a married woman. Also it was a penalty of death to murder another person. Saying sorry wasn't a condition to get out of it. It was also against the law to count the people. How many died because of it? All of these things were done by David. He got confronted and only then did he say sorry.

I guess it's good to be a favorite of God - you get to say sorry and live. Unlike the regular people like Uzzah. He didn't a chance to repent. And as I said before, David was responsible for not having it carried by the levites.

NOVEMBER 15, 2012 study article

Life was considered sacred under the Law. A deliberate murderer could in no way be exonerated. He was to be put to death without fail. Thus in Numbers 35:30-33 we read: “Every fatal striker of a soul should be slain as a murderer at the mouth of witnesses, and one witness may not testify against a soul for him to die. And you must take no ransom for the soul of a murderer who is deserving to die, for without fail he should be put to death. . . . And you must not pollute the land in which you are; because it is blood that pollutes the land, and for the land there may be no atonement respecting the blood that has been spilled upon it except by the blood of the one spilling it.” This law removed such a wicked person from Israelite society. He did not run free to commit more murders.

I am not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for actions that hurt others. I am showing that God picks and chooses his justice depending on the person - it isn't consistent. Is it fair that the child died because of David and Bathsheba's lust?

From the same study article as above:

(Deuteronomy 24:16) 16 “Fathers should not be put to death on account of children, and children should not be put to death on account of fathers. Each one should be put to death for his own sin.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Here is an interesting take on forgiving Jehovah that some may benefit from.

It is written by David Sielaf who was an assistent to Earnest L. Martin. Martin was a highranking member of Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God and dropped out after crisis of consciousness just like Raymond Franz (or Sabin from the UPC).

http://askelm.com/doctrine/d031002.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit