Adam could have put Jehovah In Paradox!

by JohnTron72 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus who himself said " I am the last Adam"

If I tell a naughty child that they should remember the boy who cried wolf, does that mean I believe the boy really existed?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The real question is: Did Adam and Eve pray properly before engaging in sexual relations?

”Dear Lord and God who hath smote us out the garden for our silliness: please bless this massive pounding Eve is about to get.... Amen”

• JohnTron72
    JohnTron72

Cofty, if Jesus told me the boy that cried wolf existed, I certainly would.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Well John, they are atheists and the watchtower let them down. No, the last days are long gone as they related to the old "org" / covenant. I dont think we have to imagine a literal Adam and Eve. We dont need them to be that. Not only is context against a literal interpretation, we have all the evidence of what the edenic account represents in todays newspapers. Nor do we need a literal flood. They did happen earlier in time, but again the symbolic value of escaping this world of corruption can not be missed. Denis Lamoureux, professor in both theology and biology wrote a good book on that. The talk about slavery, well they were the working class of biblical times, I doubt many of them were as bad off as British kids during the industrial rev. I personally find the Words of the blessed Colossians book 4:1 comforting and charming "be a good master remembering that you got a Lord too". Bad people will be bad whatever the excuse Revelation 22:11. God allows this world to be one of tough experience, progression and tough love as well.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's one thing to talk about what Adam and Eve (if they existed) could have done differently but it is likely that they would have been childlike in terms of experience and would have had no frame of reference from which to base their future actions from that point, on. It seems to me, they wouldn't have been cunning enough to think to strike a bargain with God nor would they have a clue about the future and the impact their not having children would have on it. They likely had no plans or goals for the future, rather they just existed from day to day and followed their instincts, much like a child or even my dog does.

• JohnTron72
    JohnTron72

Giordano, the answer to your statements is that God chooses not to always look ahead, just as he allows man or angel to choose to live or hate him. That is why Satan was able to do what he wanted. God doesn't turn back time either. It's a one was street forward for everyone and it can't be said that he forces anyone to do good works only. He does have the power to fix the wrongs we cause. Did not he destroy children as young as 9 in Sodom and Gomorrah? He can restore life to those who weren't truly at fault who died because they never knew him or, were raised with sinful thoughts because of immoral parents. Jesus came of his own free will at the appointed time to right Adam's wrong. Jesus spoke of those during Noah's day paying no heed to the impending flood until it swept them away.

• waton
    waton
    existed from day to day and followed their instincts, much like a child or even my dog does.

PZ, if that were rue, they would have yielded to their instincts to embrace far more than to worry what fruit to chose for dinner.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I have as much faith in Jehovah as I do in your ability to find the "enter" key on your keyboard, oh great wall of text.

By the way, didn't Jehovah choose to harden the heart of the Pharaoh? It's almost like he can indeed look forward, as things were prophecies that supposedly came true as well, he just has selective forward view, and clearly isn't as smart as you as you found a way to outfox him. Doesn't sound like much to worry about to me.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

JonTron72

I like that you put a lot of thought into this. It is inventive and twistie. I am curious as to how you started off on this tangent. Maybe you wanted to figure out a way to get the human race out of this mess. The mess being (from the biblical explanation) that humanity went over the cliff with Adam and Eve and into sin. Sin of course made everyone imperfect, have bad tendencies and eventually become old and ill and suffer and die. All preventable if Adam chose not to have children, commit suicide or kill Eve.

Don't be upset over Star Trek. Even tho there were Tribbles and hippie space gurus, the writers did have episodes where they tried to educate or comment on human foibles. Sci Fi writers try to make people view problems or conditions in a different way. Sometimes with humor or with ??? Somewhat like you.

I would like to extend your story. What if the Adam found in the bible, wasn't the first Adam? God, not looking ahead to see if what he made really was perfect (at least in the way he imagined perfect) created Adam 1. He also had a host of beings he called angels that he created first. After a few hundred years, the angels saw that God liked a lot of attention. Some of them had to bow down continually praising him which meant they led an oppressive and restrictive life. They had to strictly obey God or end up dead. So when the first Adam was created, one of the angels decided to talk with him about their experiences with God and what it was like and what he could expect. Adam 1 found the truth in it when God started talking to him everyday. Eventually, he refused to do things like God wanted him to. So God, not liking that his creation - angelic or human - contradicted him, got rid of them all and started again. Time after time, things didn't go as God wanted them to. Eventually, although he knew what he created was perfect (because he was a fantastic creator) he decided it was everyone else's fault. Imposed penalties and made sure that the story correctly put the blame where it belonged. All the children from the last Adam he created, also got the penalty. Amazingly he told later descendants, that you weren't supposed to blame sons for their fathers mistakes. But you know, God can't do anything wrong.

I don't believe in the God of the bible because once you just view him as a person with power - just like a human president, king or dictator - you see that he isn't fair. Forgive David for having sex with a married woman, who killed her husband and cover it over. Instead kill the child that had no choice. In contrast - no forgiveness for Uzzah for putting a hand out to steady the ark, which by the way, was another stupid thing that David messed up on by putting it on cart. What about the husband of Bathsheba? Loyal, faithful and dead. God didn't do anything to protect him from David or even expose David before it got that far.

The list goes on. Imagine those things.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well from my point of view and the NWT account it wasn`t Satan who decieved or lied it was Jehovah.

GOD told adam in the DAY he ate of the forbidden fruit he would surely die .Which of course he didn`t .

And presumably Adam would have told Eve that in the DAY either of them ate of the fruit they would surely die.

Now satan comes along and tells Eve that not only would she not die in that DAY but that her eyes would be open and she would know good and bad and in that way be like GOD.

So who is the liar and who told the truth ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit