New British terror attack just occured train station!

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Train up more armed police.

Bring in the army, if any extra support would be necessary.

I'm sorry to say, but this is war. War not started by us but started by jihadists. The West can either lie down and take it up the *rse from terrorists, or it can hit them and hit them f**king hard.

The interwebs allows jihadist groups to inspire a variety of home-grown malcontents, sexually-inadequate tossers, and other f**kwits. They should be shot dead on the street as and when they attempt acts of terrorist numb-skullery.

The Stop the War Coalition and other naval-gazing, self-loathing oxygen thieves can f**k off.

I hope the injured make a swift recovery. I hope the terrorist loser gets raped in prison.

• Simon
    Simon
    This puts any follower of ISLAM as a potential threat does it not?

In the same way that any man is a potential rapist ... ?

Neither are good argument and speak more to pre-existing biases than genuine concerns IMO.

However, there was a Muslim guy on CNN yesterday who was saying what many of us suspect - they see these people becoming more extreme and need to do more to alert people when they do. People don't become more extreme and at the same time don't talk about it ... talking about it is often the first step and we need more of a partnership with Muslims to identify people at that point.

• Simon
    Simon
    Like the French, these people display great courage and 'grace under pressure'. Other western countries, less experienced in dealing with terrorism, would be well-advised to follow their lead, rather than prematurely (and I say, foolishly) jumping to a position of war.

I think there is an inbuilt stoicism in the UK, possibly from the Blitz and war years and the IRA bombing campaign or possibly earlier.

Don't panic, don't let them win, we've been through worse, keep calm and carry on.

Less sensationalist reporting helps. The BBC is very matter of fact compared to the US news outlets where the anchors often even look flustered and panicked. That doesn't help keep people calm (never mind that then go on about an incident for weeks)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The BBC is very matter of fact compared to the US news outlets where the anchors often even look flustered and panicked.

This is a great observation

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Trending on Twitter is what a bystander shouted to the attacker, "You ain't no Muslim Bruv !".
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Terrible.

But the JWs are more paranoid than ever.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

This is going to make life much harder on refugees.

And no no that wasn't my first thought, which was for the victims - just making an observation.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Village Idiot, I agree with your points 1-4, and I'd like to add a fifth:

5 - Send Syria the bill for housing and feeding the refugees and make sure it gets paid.

• krejames
    krejames

I've seen a few comments saying that this is a tribal war or that "we didn't start this". Sorry but not strictly true. If the West hadn't meddled in the Middle East, none of this would be happening. The citizens of Libya and Iraq had better lives under the dictators that we removed than they do now and they blame us for that. Now we are bombing Syria and innocent people's lives wil be destroyed/affected much more than the terrorists' - those innocent people left behind will blame the west for killing their family members, maiming them and livelihoods and so the hatred grows. It could be said that the west is a very efficient terrorist factory.

Now that we have this problem, we need to accept these facts and change our strategy. Everyone knows that bombing doesn't solve any problems and only makes things worse all around. It's all a bit of posturing for the benefit of us here at home so that we feel the government is "doing something". The only way to deal with Isis is to outsmart them instead of playing into their hands by bombing them. But no, that requires intelligent thinking when our governments are only interested in their approval ratings or the next election.

• cofty
    cofty
    If the West hadn't meddled in the Middle East, none of this would be happening - krejames

Lockerbie

9/11

Everyone knows that bombing doesn't solve any problems

ISIS were earning thousands of pounds a week from oil sales. Since last week the RAF have been bombing the oil wells and destroying their main source of income.

The only way to deal with Isis is to outsmart them instead of playing into their hands by bombing them

Specifically?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit