My Reflections On a Year of Freedom

by Saethydd 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice story, all the happiness to you

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My good man,

Congratulations. I just read this. What I am happy about for you is that you figured it out at a young age.

I want to be up front with you about one thing, you will miss your family. I hesitate to share this, because honestly, I sort of like the Star Trek thing where I don't mess with your universe. (also, GoT rocks)

These are some random lessons I learned, especially since my mom and brother are no more, and my dad's brain is also no more.

Love your family. Forgive them soon.And know that ultimately, they can get on board your boat, or not get on at all. But sail away nevertheless Anger is like 1st gear in a car, it is only healthy to get you moving in a different direction. Switch gears when you get up to speed. Love is a lower RPM that makes going longer distances easier.

Set boundaries. If you want to know what I mean by that, read a Brene Brown book.

Understand that you're still growing and learning about yourself. Don't apologize for that. Don't engage in self destructive behavior as you do so.

You are way ahead of most people who leave this cult. You don't owe ex-JW's anything. But if you wish to share, it's always appreciated.

Appreciate the wisdom of older ones.

Value your own wisdom.

Good luck to you!

• zeb
    zeb

Live long and prosper..

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

This post made me so happy for the OP! Congratulations. I'm really proud of you and I know you will be a positive force in the world. I hope you continue to do good and do well.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Much love to you and your girlfriend. Xxx

Your smile is one of peace and closure in that picture. Thank you so much for sharing the face behind your apostasy :).

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Good for you man! Live your life not the life some f*cked organization dictates you to live. Too many of us here on this forum lived for 'the organization' for way too long!

I'm in my 12th year of freedom!

just saying!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Wow- look at all that you've accomplished in such a short time!

There's something kind of great about having been raised as a jw...when you leave, you appreciate your freedom so much. Other people may take it for granted-but every ex JW knows what it means to contemplate just living a lie for the sake of keeping family and ultimately how that isn't really much of a life, is it?

Very happy for you! Hope it only gets better

• GizmoSnicket
    GizmoSnicket

This was so lovely to read.

Thank you x 10000!!! :)

• Dagney
    Dagney

Awesome story! Good for you!!!

Losing family and friends really sucks. But being your authentic self is how you should live. Can’t imagine any other way to be.

Continued success! 🥂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit