Which is more likely. . .

by StinkyPantz 44 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

Yeah, sure, Al Sharptin thaaat's what we need....

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think it's a pretty even bet. My gut would give a slight edge to a black male.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Frank,

You said...

Worse than a bonehead, H R Clinton is a freakin' MARXIST, and I never want to see the woman leading anything but a troup of girl scouts, if that.

I would be happy to vote for Colin Powell. He just doesn't have the fire in the belly for the job, or so he has said.

I would be thrilled to vote for Gene Kirkpatrick, former ambassador to the United Nations. She's a gutsy female who we could count on to invade anyone who needed invading.

But I won't vote for Hillary the Marxist and I won't vote for Jesse the Idiot (just what we need, a rhyming president.)

Give me Colin Powell, but let him change his mind about gun ownership first.

Frank Tyrrell

P.S. Stinky Pantz for Ambassador to the United Nations.

How the hell did you get to be so intelligent...great minds think alike.

Obiwan,

I'd rather have Sharpton than Billary though I'd rather have Billary before Mosely Braun

• gumby
    gumby

A girl for President ....come on!

Do you have any idea how many battles we would all be in if a "girl" was President........then starts her period.......then North Korea starts giving us some shit. She would be nukin everyone whether they were involved or not! Crazy old broads anyways.

( gumbys leaving town now until the heat from what he just said cools down a tad)

• Analysis
    Analysis

It is strange that only 6 people have been suggested to be the first Black or Woman President. That is the reason it may take much longer then we think. What will come first are more Blacks and Females as Governors. Or have a Black or Female VP. Rice would have a very good chance if Bush had her run as his VP in 2004. The last 8 US Presidents have either been an Ex-VP or Ex-Governor.

When will a Latin American become President?

• Undecided
    Undecided
    When will a Latin American become President?

In a short while there will be enough Mexicans here to elect one. I think they outnumber the blacks already.

Ken P.

• blondie
    blondie

Interestingly, women have been elected in many countries other than the US:

http://people.brandeis.edu/~dwilliam/docs/leadertable.htm

Women Leaders: Past, Present, and Emerging

Compiled for Soc 171a, Fall 1998 Professor Dessima M. Williams

NamePosition, Year Elected, party Nation
    Part 1: Elected Heads of Government, Presently in Office Fall 1998
    1.1 Developing Countries
    Sirimavo Bandaranaike Prime Minister, 1960-5, 1970-7, 1994- Sri Lanka Freedom Party Sri Lanka
    Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga President, 1994- Sri Lanka Freedom Party Sri Lanka
    Aun Sung Suu Kyi Prime Minister, 1990- (elected but not allowed to serve) Myanmar
    Janet Jagan President, 1997- Guyana
    *Sheikh Hasina Wasid Prime Minister, 1997- Bangladesh
    Jenny Shipley Prime Minister, 1997- New Zealand
    Jennifer Smith Premier, 1998- Bermuda
    1.2 Industrial Countries
    Mary McAleese President, 1997- Ireland
    Ruth Dreifuss President, 1998- Switzerland
    Part 2: World Elected Heads of Government Who Served but are no longer in office
    2.1 Developing Countries
    Indira Gandhi Prime Minister, 1966-77 Congress Party India
    Isabel Martinez de Peron President, 1974-76 Argentina
    Lidia Gueiler President, 1979-1980 Bolivia
    Eugenia Charles Prime Minister, 1980- Dominica
    Maria de Lourdes Pintasilgo Prime Ministers, 1981-85 Portugal
    Corazon Aquino President, 1986-1992 People's Power Movement Philippines
    Benazir Bhutto Prime Minister, 1988-90, 1993- Pakistan
    Violeta Chamorro President, 1990- Nicaragua
    *Khaleda Zia Rahman Prime Minister, 1991-96 Bangladesh National Party Bangladesh
    Ertha Pascal-Trouillot President, 1991 Haiti
    Sylvie Kinigi Prime Minister, 1993 Burundi
    Agathe Uwilingiyimana Prime Minister, 1993-94 Rwanda
    Kahlifa ibn Sulman Al-Kahlifa Prime Minister Bahrain
    Lien Chan Prime Minister Taiwan
    Lansana Conte Prime Minister Guinea
    Elizabeth Domitien Prime Minister, 1975-6 Central African Republic
    Janez Dmovsek Prime Minister Slovenia
    Lidia Guilder Interim President, 19- Bolivia
    Bikenibeu Paeniu Prime Minister Tuvalu
    Isabel Peron President, 1974-6 Argentina
    Maria Pintasilgo Prime Minister, 1979 (5mths) Portugal
    Milka Planinc Prime Minister, 1982-6 Yugoslavia
    Kazimiera Prunskiene Prime Minister, 1990-1 Lithuania
    2.2 Developed Countries
    Golda Meir Prime Minister, 1969-74 Israel
    Margaret Thatcher Prime Minister, 1979-90 United Kingdom
    Vigdis Finnbogadottir President, 1980- Iceland
    Milka Planinc President, 1982-86 Yugoslavia
    Maria Liberia-Peters Prime Minister, 1984-5, 1988- National People's Party Netherland Antilles
    *Mary Robinson President, 1990- Ireland
    *Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland Prime Minister, (1981,'86-89) 1990- Labour Party Norway
    Edith Cresson Prime Minister, 1991-92 France
    Hanna Suchocka Prime Minister, 1992-93 (Premier 1992) Poland
    Tamsu Ciller Prime Minister, 1993- Turkey
    Patricia Busignani Captain's Regent, 1993- San Marino
    Kim Campbell Prime Minister, 1993-1994 Conservative Party Canada
    SimoneVeil President, EEC France

Also

http://www.peoplespot.com/features/womenworldleaders.htm

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Interestingly, women have been elected in many countries other than the US:

Is it perhaps because no qualified women have run for that office rather than some white male conspiracy? Condi Rice...electable...Jean Kirkpatrick...was electable...Hillary...electable but God Forbid...Carol Mosley Braun...not electable...Not because of Gender or Color...but for radical politics. Geraldine Ferraro...she was unqualified for VP...Mondale picked her as a way of getting votes. It failed. That seems to be the thing to me...Dems seem to put up women and minorities for these slots as gimmicks whereas (at least in the last 20 years) when the Repubs run a woman or minority it's more likely cause she or he is the best person for the job. Note Condi Rice..Colin Powell...Clarence Thompson (highly qualified inspite of the roasting he took) Jean Kirkpatrick...etc etc etc.

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

I would like to see Madonna for Prez and Oprah for her VP. not becoz of their gender or skin color, but becoz of their organizational abilities and 'cut thru the BS' attitudes. And i think Madonna would be better for Prez than Oprah only becoz Madonna is more hardline and Oprah would do well in the diplomatic role a VP often plays.

Ravyn

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

Gumby!

If I was Prez...we would have already nuked a couple of nations and the others would not be giving us any $h!t now. Personally I think the whole world would be better off if we dropped a bomb on Jerusalem. (and threatened mecca and vatican city next)

BOOM! there--done! If you can't play nice mommy will put it in the closet and no one gets it!

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit