New Light: Clap when it is given a Reinstatement ad

by TheTruthBR 66 Replies latest jw friends

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness
    • lanalonger
      lanalonger3 hours ago

I for one appreciate it, it is so hard to not clap when someone is reinstated. It isn’t a huge deal but shows that the brothers are not inflexible.

• Lana poppet, if you really need the approval of the mighty 7 Gibbering Buddies to let you know when you can do something as innocuous as place your palms together, honey, the Kingdumb Hall is the place for you indupitably. Perhaps you could pop back here when you find a couple of brain cells to rub together and formulate an original thought of your own.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

might be more understandable if the congregation applauded when someone got disfellowshipped

lol

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    This is a wonderful example of micromanagement. Don't they have better things to worry about?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another good example of a flip flop. By doing this, they present themselves as they don't really know what they are doing.

It must confuse some of the rank and file.

• just fine
    just fine

It's all about control. You can't be happy someone is reinstated unless we say so, just like you couldn't talk to them until we say so.

I have been out so long that the thought of someone telling me I can clap seems ridiculous.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Has anyone verified the letter? That issue isn't even out yet. Weird to send a letter that far in advance.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    No one can see how ridiculous this is because we were conditioned not to trust our own ability to reason. I remember when I started to see things for what they were it felt like I was awakening some sort of sleep.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Coming to think on it. Is this a hoax?

I've not seen a Watchtower for a long time, but isn't page 32 an odd place to put a policy statement? Isn't that usually space reserved for experiences about someone becoming a JW after finding a tract hidden inside the pouch of a kangaroo?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Is it a cult? Oh brother can we clap?? Will we be DF if we clap or don't clap?

Can I hold my husband hand doing the meetings, what's the fitting way for

a JW to use the bathroom,how about the latest info on marriage mates in the bedroom?

One other thing I would like to ask, can you explain the overlapping generation thing?

Elder: I don't have any idea, but New light on clapping you can clap now.

So much BS, that's why so many are brain dead.

• steve2
    steve2

Verfiication of the letter is needed. The letter cited a Watchtower from May 2016 - is that issue even out yet?

Until verification received, we need to think in terms of this being a parody and not actual letter from jw.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit