New Light: Clap when it is given a Reinstatement ad

by TheTruthBR 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    juan:

"Not long ago it was dictated in a study article it was inappropriate for couples to hug, hold hands and otherwise to grab-ass during song and prayer."

Really? That's insane. Do you have a reference for this?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/182453/new-light-dont-hold-hands-during-prayers?page=1&size=20

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @juandefiero I don't have the ref. but that is categorically accurate.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

So if its a pedophile or child molester/abuser gets reinstated we can clap??

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

They are beyond pharisaical, this is really breathtaking.

Slimboyfat Guidelines for "spontaneous" clapping. They are beyond parody

You are absolutely right.

• lanalonger
    lanalonger

I for one appreciate it, it is so hard to not clap when someone is reinstated. It isn’t a huge deal but shows that the brothers are not inflexible.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    I would be on the look out for those who didn't want me back but clapped coz everyone else was clapping. Ha. (End of fantasy).
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So I have to clap in a dignified manner. I guess I shouldn't hold my arms over my head and clap, or clap like a sea lion then.

Marina

• dbq407
    dbq407
    We had someone reinstated a few years ago and a few people began clapping, which in turn everyone begins clapping and the elder from stage just gave a look of disgust and shook his head. It was awesome.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Reading this leaves me shaking my head - such micro management! Always written in a soft, reasonable way - but with a no compromise allowed until 'we say so' !

Watchtower explains why we don't - and now, clapping is acceptable.

Absurd isn't it? What a good topic for the door to door ministry.

'Good morning, in these trouble times have you ever considered if it is appropriate to clap in positive response on hearing at a congregational meeting that a disfellowshipped Christian has been welcomed back into the church? May I show you this interesting Watchtower article?'

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Another 180 degree turn in understanding, management.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit