Creation, evolution, ???

by Freedom rocks 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Vidiot;

''For me, one of evolution's biggest selling points was how much better a job it did explaining the weirder shit found in nature''

Absolutely brilliant points.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    cofty - "Why are Jesus' biggest fans so fucking dishonest?"

Isn't it obvious?

They'd lose, otherwise.

Of course, if you have to cheat to win, do you really deserve to win?

• Perry
    Perry

ttdtt writes:

I have no problem with people who believe in god....but I abhor people like Perry...who not only want to ignore all logic an evidence and reason but want to pass off their bullshit to you as if it were "gospel"

ttdtt,

I am really confused why belief in God and pointing out Evolutionists's own findings about the failure of the Tree of Life to explain known facts should bother you so much. You really abhor me?

1. Why? In your view when you die....... nothing. So what is the point in going around needlessly abhorring people? Isn't that a waste of the precious time of conscious life that you have left? What is it in your psyche that drives you to silence others who are not like you?

2. Christians are taught to turn the other cheek whenever possible, not to judge others, respect their differences, "if possible live in peace with all men". etc. Jesus said: "He that has two coats, let him impart to him that has none; and he that has meat, let him do likewise."

I'm not saying that Western people follow these tenets perfectly, but Jesus has definitely effected Western Culture for the good of all. The ideas of the "Prince of Peace" have proved ....well peaceful. Of all the things you could go abhorring after, you choose me? For quoting your own evolutionary scientists? Didn't we all just leave a cult that abhorred us for questioning their authority and quoting their own literature back to them?

If you will pardon the expression; It seems that you have left the plantation, but still have the slave mentality. In western culture, people are free not because they have it granted to them, nor because they are popular, not because they work for it. They are free because they are made in the image of the God of Freedom. It is a birthright. It is inherent to our construction.

want to ignore all logic an evidence and reason

My arguments have been well thought out and have been presented as a critique of ASSUMPTIONS, not evidence or reason. We all have the same evidence. It is the interpretation of those facts which is guided by assumption that I am questioning.

Why do dinosaur bones stink like rotting corpses? "It smelled just like one of the cadavers we had in the lab" claimed Mary Sweitzer. Dr. Horner confirmed 'Oh, yeah, all Hell Creek bones smell,'.

How can dinosaur bones still stink like a corpse after 80 - 200 million years ? (That's longer than it takes for the Rocky Mountains to weather down and be raised back up again by tectonic forces)

I broke the story to all the posters on this forum back in 2005 when fresh dinosaur tissue was discovered. The atheists predictably attacked the messenger. This one discovery alone destroys the standard evolutionary model for any reasonable person not chained to an ideology and assumption of vast age.

At that time, my assumption (that stinking rotting dinosaur corpses are young and not old) allowed me to predict:

1. Many other dinosaur bones would be found to have soft tissue

2. Blood cells and blood fragments would be confirmed

3. Many other assumed objects of tremendous age would be found to be not-so-old-after all. In other words, a prediction could reasonable be made that other biological material would be found and that the material would not be correlated to the supposed age of the rock layers where they were found.

4. Many atheists would morph into science deniers

All these predictions have come true with far greater support than I could have imagined. The internet is where cults go to die.

Unlike Cofty, where his assumptions lead him to believe that he is related to an oak tree, these facts, lead me to believe that the standard Darwinian portrait is a cult. People who leave the Watchtower and swallow this worldview have simply drilled out of one prison cell into another in my opinion. As a result they bring themselves under new masters such as yourself who will severely criticize and berate them if they deviate from the tenets of this new religion.

Romans 1: 23

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into... birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.... Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: ...And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God.... have pleasure in them that do them.

But the good news is:

God took on human nature and provided himself as the perfect lamb, so that a death would occur for everyone who believes: The payment for sin - "the wages of sin is death". In God's wisdom, he gives us a choice. We can choose to allow Jesus' death as our own personal substitute, in our place and be welcomed into the eternal family of God. The inventor of life personally guarantees your life and happiness.

Or you can reject his offer, argue about the severity of a death penalty for sin, etc.

Our assumptions govern every aspect of our lives.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Romans 1: 23

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the

incorruptible God into... birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things....

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature

more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Oh for fuck sake Perry quoting 3000 years old bible Scripture to support " God did it "

You still haven't accepted the fact that all the ancients including the Hebrews were ignorant about the physical world in which they lived .

And no just because some offshoot unusual findings appear negate or invalidate all other findings in this scientific field.

Therefore from here on in I'm going to identify you as Intellect Dishonest Perry (IDP)

• cofty
    cofty

Dino Blood Redux..

I will explain the 'Tree of Life' issues tomorrow.

• Onager
    Onager

Getting a bit preachy there Perry.

Why are you bringing the bible into a scientific discussion? Any book that has a global flood story and the idea that you can breed stripey sheep by showing them stripey sticks has no place in a discussion about real things.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Until starting and reading this thread and also reading the Atheists Book of bible Stories I didn't even notice how ridiculous a lot of what is In the bible is. You have to be superstitious and believe in magic to believe a lot of what it says.

Onagers post about the stripey sheep and sticks made me laugh.

I've started doing a lot more research on science now and I'm learning the basics of evolution before I read more advanced research because I've forgotten quite a lot over the years with being a jw.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Or you can reject his offer, argue about the severity of a death penalty for sin, etc.

Oh I'm all for a big of girl-on-girl lust, god needs to take a look at himself.

This the same god that sanctions killing babies, stoning, slavery and child rape. I seem to have higher morals. So let it be known here and now I that i do reject his "offer".

Be his slave or burn? - sounds like quite the tyrant.

Dinosaur bones aside, if his best evidence is providing a book of fairy tales that contradict eachother then he aint no god I'd want to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit