The Worst Thing You Ever Did As A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Now THAT's strict---not attending your own sister's wedding because she was inactive!......I hope you made it up to her with a nice wedding gift.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Oh gawd, where do I begin?

1. Helped my mom smash my brother's evil, satanic metal CD's. (Now I'm an even bigger fan than he is of the music)

2. Wrote my best friend an I-told-you-you-shouldn't-have-had-those-associations letter after she was disfellowshipped then shunned her.

3. Mailed an Awake magazine about Astronomy to one of my classmates in college after I'd moved out of state.

4. Get baptized with my father.

5. Argue about the bible in high school with a kid who then slandered my name throughout the school.

• JH
    JH

I remember leaving my aunt in Montreal, and not bringing her back home after an assembly. I gave her a lift to a district assembly in Montreal, and I told her to be at a certain place at a specific time at the end of the meeting, and she never showed up. I waited half an hour and she didn't show up, so I left her there all alone at the Olympic Stadium 90 miles from her home. I came back home without her. Someone else had to bring her home. That was the worst thing I done as a JW. I hate when people make me wait. I don't make other people wait. I'm so fast, so I expect the same in return.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I hope you made it up to her with a nice wedding gift.

Minimus, oh we have an absolutely wonderful relationship now! So far we're the only two kids to leave the org in my immediately family. That creates a pretty strong bond.

• integ
    integ

Got high in the parking lot before the Thursday night meeting.

Left during the assembly to go drinking in a bowling alley, then came back and told my parents I was working in the kitchen.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Refusing to enter my mother's house during the Christmas season while the Christmas tree was up, and convincing my little brother (who lived there) that the Christmas tree was attracting demons.

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

I went to an assembly once, wearing thigh high stockings with a garter belt........................and no panties (and a dress, of course). I had the strangest grin on my face for about 7 or 8 hours.

My best friend confessed once that he ran out of zig zags one night, so he used a page out of the NWT to roll a joint !!

JR

• smurfette
    smurfette

1. Not talking to very good friends in high school who were DA-ed out of fear.

2. Conducting a bible study with 1/2 my 3rd/4th grade class out of the Bible Story book. (Their parents put an end to it thank god!)

3. Telling my entire kindergarten class there was no Santa Claus, explaining in detail that Santa was their parents and they were just being lied to by adults. It sparked off a mass crying histeria the teacher could barely contain. I thought I was freeing them from lies.

4. Casting off my "wordly" bad association friends with no explanation when I was 13 at the request of my mother.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I don't know if this is bad or smart on my part, by my late teenage years I couldn't stand it anymore, just wanted to get out, I used to show up at the assemblies 5 minutes after lunch started, wander in, say hello to family and friends and leave 15 minutes before lunch ended. Meetings if we were assigned to the morning Sunday, I would tell my parents I was going in the afternoon, if we were in the afternoon, I would get up drag myself out of bed and say I was going to the morning, never went of course, it bothered me for a long time that I was lying to them, but I have forgiven myself now.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I shunned my disfellowshipped mother for 6 months and that moved her to seek reinstatement - I can't tell you how sorry I am about that, worst thing I've ever done. Now she's upset about my 'negative' attitude about the troof. - V Sky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit