The Worst Thing You Ever Did As A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What's the worst thing you did as a JW?.......For me, it was to help other persons come to love the "organization".

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Convincing my mum to take Bible-study.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• dmouse
    dmouse

Two things stand out:

Signing a paper to say I didn't want my 18 month old son to have a blood transfusion just as he was about to have a serious operation.

Shunning my sister after she was disfellowshipped. And she wasn't allowed to my wedding.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I gave talks in the Theocratic Ministry School. I was preaching what I didn't believe.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Believed and practiced what the Gov. Potty taught us, till I couldn't stomach it anymore....

Frannie B

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sitting in judgement on other people on JCs because the GB said so

• blondie
    blondie

Study with people and have them become JWs. Toward the end I would steer them away from the organization.

Blondie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I don't know if this is the worst, but I feel horrible about not attending my sister's wedding simply because she was inactive.

I never brought anyone into the troof so at least I don't have that hanging over my head, but I can't imagine anything worse than not allowing your own child to have a blood transfusion. As a dub I think most of us would have made that mistake...

• Odrade
    Odrade

shunning my best friend. not having another close friend in my wedding because she was still on reproof. turning in the other kids for trivial matters. that self-righteous attitude that made other kids feel bad about themselves... lots of things.

• blondie
    blondie

Luckily, I never had any children, drwtson, partly for that reason, not wanting to have to make that decision.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit