Many are leaving their enforced, inbred and inherited religions, and surprise it's not just JWs...

by UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Thanks for the wise warning LisaRose.

DY

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I suspected the Brama Kumaris because the op sounded very much like their spiel, but it seems to be another flavor of woo, to use Cofty's words.

I am always suspicious when anyone claims to have any kind of alternative to religion. There doesn't need to be an alternative to religion, other than reason and logic, and anybody who claims to have such invariably has something that might as well be a religion in the end. Just because you don't claim to represent God doesn't mean you can't use cult like techniques and any cult is destructive.

I doubt if anyone here would fall for something like this, but you never know. People who have just woken up to the reality that the JWs are not the truth are in a vulnerable situation, it can tempting to then jump into something that claims to have all the answers, but it's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The hard reality is that nobody has all the answers to life's perplexing problems, and anyone that claims that they do is lying to you. Reality is hard, but I prefer it to a comforting lie.

The fact that Unconditional Love got so upset with me and started calling me delusional for simply suggesting that people be careful is further proof that this is some version of a cult. Of course people in a cult will always hotly deny they are in a cult, just like we did when we were JWs, it's the nature of the beast. People who are just sharing something they found helpful do not get that emotionally invested, they would just share it and let others decide if they are interested, they wouldn't take it personally that someone simply suggested others be cautious. That sent my BS meter from warm to red hot.

The website seems fairly innocuous, but then the JW org website does as well. I'm sure if you investigated this further you would find they are using cult mind control techniques: deception, exclusivity, fear and intimidation, love bombing and relationship control and time control. If you got more into it I am 100% sure that they would tell you (after a honeymoon period of love bombing) that you must get much more heavily involved and invest time and money to get the full benefits of their very special program, the truths that only they have, the insights that only they can give you, the answers that only they have found.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi LisaRose

I am thinking UCL is in fact one of the BK cult.

There have been a group of them over the years led by a poster called "godisagape".

Guess what UCL's second thread was? "Agape Love".

They have a history of telling lies to hide the fact that they are recruiting for the BK cult.

In a PM 5 months ago "godisagape" admitted being head of a bunch of ex-JW BK followers who were here to proselytise. He said it was against their policy and he had warned them not to do it anymore.

Either he lied or they don't have much respect for his orders. There are other clues to BK posters that I won't post here or they will change tactics.

What Brahma Kumaris don’t want you to know...

• cofty
    cofty

Nanice Ellis is the author of the website that UCL recommended in his OP.

If you do a google search for her there is a video that has Brahma Kumaris as one of its tags.

UCL is BK.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    If it walks like a duck......
  • UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

LisaRose I never knew you were a mind reader and could determine someone's whole belief system from just a few words...

Your a mind reader alright, just not a very good one... lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Unconditional Love - "Many are leaving their enforced, inbred and inherited religions, and surprise it's not just JWs..."

In other breaking news, water is wet. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit