Many are leaving their enforced, inbred and inherited religions, and surprise it's not just JWs...

by UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 46 Replies latest jw friends

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

I want to share this great article from an informative website on religion and how it is an age old play on emotions and why many are fleeing from religion, including you. The other insightful articles on this website will help to soothe your complex worries and misunderstandings.

One Love

http://wakeup-world.com/2015/11/21/waking-up-from-religion/

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

You may or may not understand and find this clip funny depending on where you are on your TTATT and awakening journey... For me it was hilarious!!! 😂

https://youtu.be/bbVqA9ijaIg

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I don't know anything about this, but I just want to caution people to be wary of posters who come to JWN just to promote something, this poster has no history here. We often get people who are attempting to recruit for cults but who are not open and honest it, so be careful.
  • UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

LisaRose Hello and its nice to meet you also. It seems you are delusional, to initially say you know nothing about this and then go on to explain that you think that it is a cult. It seems your delusional, fear based mindset is still in place to judge something you know nothing or have any idea about but at the same time have all the answers to... I think the adults on this website can choose for themselves, they can take it or leave it... I am not asking anyone to be baptized here. Thank you.

A delusion is a belief, that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidenceto the contrary such as religious belief. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, illusion, or other effects of perception.

Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    P.S. I did not leave the JW cult to run and join another cult... I can see that your exJW experience has left a fearfully bad taste in your mouth LisaRose... So I wish you well.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I didn't say it was a cult, I just said for people to be cautious, because we have had cult members attempting to come here to promote their religion. You should not mind that, if you are not here to promote a religion then it shouldn't be a problem for you at all. The fact that you got crazy and started calling me delusional makes me even more suspicious of your motives.

Can you deny categorically that you are not part of Brahma Kumaris?

• cofty
    cofty

Hello UCL.

You define a delusion as "a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary".

And yet you are here to promote the teachings of a "Theta Healer" called Nanice Ellis who promises to "tap into the power of the Universe".

According to Rational Wiki...

"Theta Healing is "woo for people in a hurry. It claims to facilitate instant changes in a client’s belief systems and, indeed, physical body. It was developed by Vianna Stibal, a naturopath who claims to have healed herself of cancer instantly in 1995. Theta healing is applied quantum woo combined with the Law of Attraction and some science woo around theta brain waves. The practitioner uses some applied kinesiology then thinks the right thoughts toward the "cosmic all" (whatever that actually is) to fix the patient's limiting beliefs, including those in their DNA."

Can you see the irony?

• cofty
    cofty

Oh look for just $647 I can get three x 90 minute "coaching sessions" with the great Nanice

or for $1697 I can enrol on the "Live Your Dream" Coaching Program.

• DJS
    DJS

Thanks Cofty, for doing our homework for us and keeping the gutters clean.

Unconditional Love,

Buh bye.

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

LisaRose...Can you deny categorically that you are not part of Brahma Kumaris?

LOL No...

Cofty... BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT...

I'm vexed by the attitude of some towards new posters.

Most of us remember a time when we were deeply distressed by discovering "the truth about the truth". Feelings of panic are not unusual or unreasonable. Fears of losing family, friends, marriages, jobs and homes are not always exaggerated.

People think, say and do unwise things under stress.

Sometimes they come here and say odd things. Some still have mixed feelings about JWs and react defensively to what they read here. Some act like JW apologists as a way of testing their doubts.

If this purports to be a support forum wouldn't it be helpful if we gave people the benefit of the doubt? Of course we might wonder whether somebody is sincere or might be trolling, there is no virtue in being naive. But isn't it better to be proven wrong for misplaced credulity than unnecessary harshness?

There are some here who behave like self-appointed vigilantes hunting down and exposing those they have judged unworthy. Tough love has it's place but bullying does not.

COFTY are these not your own words... Seems we have another delusional poster here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit