The Trinity Easily Explained in 29 Words

by maccauk 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Island Man: I think it's pointless arguing the Trinity with JWs.

I think it's pointless arguing anything with JWs.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Not that I could care less anymore, but when pressed back to the ropes about the trinity doctrine, clergymen of all persuasions will state words to the effect "It is a Holy Mystery that nobody can really understand".

In other words, just like the JW's "Overlapping Generation" idea!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I have to say, defeating the trinity thing is what makes a lot of brainwashed JWs get a doctrine orgasm. Neither of whatever side teaches matters to me at all, and don't get me started with what does anything of that has to do with earning life forever in paradise or life in heaven, but I find it amusing that people go on and on and on ad-nausean over that crap.

I actually remember a JW who I saw after I left, and he asked me if now that I'm not a JW, if I believe in the trinity thing. I said, no, but I fuck a lot.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A man can be a dick in three different ways.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I feel bad for Farter Bet he got his ass kicked a lot in school.

Snakes

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott & John McDonnell.

There, that's an unholy trinity - and what's worse is that this trinity is actually real ...

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

"A man can be a husband, a man can be a son, a man can be a father"

This illustration provided is NOT Trinitarian theology, it's modalism which is the stereotype used by the Watchtower in order to criticize it. The father is NOT the Son, and the Son is NOT the father, neither is the HS the Father or the Son. Instead, all 3 have the divine attributes which consist of being God. Three in Person, one in essence/nature.

• cofty
    cofty
    This illustration provided is NOT Trinitarian theology, it's modalism - Saved_JW

Yes that's what I said three days ago.

Three in Person, one in essence/nature

Which is utter gibberish.

I challenge you to explain and illustrate the trinity without...

1 - contradicting yourslef

2 - committing heresy

3 - resorting to esoteric Greek terms like essence and substance

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

To me it's clear that the trinity along with most religion doctrine, is complete nonsense.

Nevertheless, after many years of not understanding the trinity concept as viewed through the lens of the Watchtower, I recently had someone explain the concept better. And this time, it actually made some sense, even if it's bullshit.

This person explained that in the concept of trinity, God is not an individual, but a ruling entity. So for example, in the US, we have Congress. Congress is made up on individuals, but is not an individual. Each individual is part of congress, and not all individuals are equally important, for example, there is a majority leader, who is of greater importance.

Likewise, God is an entity that rules over mankind. It is made up of individuals, and they are not equally important.

Again, i don't even believe in God, but to me this concept at least makes some sense, even if it's bullshit.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

"utter gibberish"

Nice to know you have not changed a bit Cofty..[since the last time I was here years ago]

"I challenge you to explain and illustrate the trinity without..

1-contradicting yourself

2-committing heresy

3-resorting to esoteric Greek terms like essence and substance"

Very nice...well played... So in order for me to explain a theological concept, I have to do so based on YOUR naturalistic/humanistic terms, a framework for which is impossible to do without the use of specific theological concepts encapsulated in the Greek language.

Sounds like your setting me up to fail in that question buddy. No thanks I wont take the bait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit