by maccauk 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

I like the

Whiskey/Tequila/Rum

trinity

• cofty
    cofty

maccauk (and the two people who liked the OP) do you understand the difference between the trinity and the heresy of modalism as taught by early theologians such as Noetus, Praxeas and Sabellius?

Other popular non-trinitarian heresies include tritheism, partialism and monarchiansim. Very few christians who claim to worship a trinitarian god actually have a clue what that means.

It is impossible to explain the trinity simply in your own words without resorting to esoteric Greek phrases and/or committing a heresy.

This should tell you something.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Brain.exe has stopped working, please restart the program.

• suavojr
    suavojr

One thing I’ve noticed throughout the years on this forum, Cofty loves the trinity doctrine 😏

This doctrine is like any other religious belief, it is all smoke and mirrors.

• Splash
    Splash

Why stop at three?

A man can also be a manager, worker, thief, doctor, brother, cousin, asleep, dead, happy, rich...

Everyone a different aspect of him.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A person can be born with male and female genitals so thats even better proof...what twisted logic!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I cant believe people leave the JW and actually still believe in Jesus, or God.

This is the same guy that said:

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." - Matthew 10:37.

Cult leader at it's finest.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Ya got yer bread, ya got yer baloney, ya got yer mustard, but it's all one sandwich".

But in this case, it's ALL "Baloney"!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Father son and grandson. There, that's a trinity.

No, that's an overlapping generation.

• Island Man
    Island Man

No it doesn't actually explain the Trinity. The trinity says that the son the father and the holy spirit are all God; but the son is not the father, the son is not the holy spirit and the father is not the holy spirit. By contrast, the elements in your illustration are all mutually equivalent, meaning in addition to the father son and husband all being a man; the father is also a son and a husband. See the difference? Your illustration is a good analog for modalism - not the trinity.

A better illustration would consist of 3 different persons that are all members of the same family: a set of triplets name Farter, Sean and Holigose, all surnamed Goad.

Farter is Goad,

Sean is Goad,

Holigose is Goad.

Farter is not Sean

Farter is not Holigose

Holigose is not Sean.

The Bible does not explicitly teach a trinity, but neither is there anything in the Bible that explicitly disproves the orthodox trinity teaching. However, the Bible does indeed show Jesus being given worshipful honor - something JWs loathe. I think it's pointless arguing the Trinity with JWs. A better approach is to use the Bible to show JWs that early Christians honored Jesus in a worshipful way that JWs today aren't allowed to honor him. I think that alone is enough to show them that their version of Jesus does not line up accurately with scripture and that their organization, by discouraging - forbidding - the worshipful honor of Jesus, is revealing itself as bordering on antichrist if not outright antichrist.

JWs distort the trinity doctrine into a modalism strawman and argue against modalism while foolishly thinking they're disproving the trinity. The trinity doctrine is as unfalsifiable as the uncreated, eternal, invisible god doctrine. Anyone who criticizes the trinity doctrine as illogical must also criticize the uncreated, eternal, invisible god doctrine as illogical, or resign to the fact that he's making himself a hypocrite by cherry-picking which illogical belief he'll accept and which he'll refuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit