And so it begins....

by ctrwtf 45 Replies latest members politics

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Between the liberal media and Donald Trump's goons

why do you have to accept either? I think you are showing the irrational attempt to make this a one or the other. This side or that side. Trump is an obnoxious figure and so is CNN. See you can dislike both lol No one's freedom of speech is gone

They are acting like an oligarchy

Are they? When was the last time you paid attention to there being a press gaggle, or any kind of private session ala Obama?? Many of his private session were only with Liberal media, not all, but most.

Our problem is no one is discussing big ideas and philosophy anymore, just little sounds bites and nonsense. A tool trump himself uses via twitter, why would you want to sink to the same level?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

A religious organization told me for 41 years what I was permitted to read and view. I smiled and accepted that others knew more than me. I obediently put the book in the garbage and shut off the TV.

If there is anyone that should be OUTRAGED by this censorship it should be the exJW community. We lived this once.

• never a jw
    never a jw

FMF:why do you have to accept either?

Are you... or just pretend?

Just in case you really don't understand implied ideas, I trust neither, but if confronted with two choices only, I'd take the liberal media over the Trump administration

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Trump may never become a full blown Hitler, but even half a Hitler is very bad.

.................You`re a Cute Little Fella!............I Like Gum!..

http://buzzanything.com/wp-content/uploads/tiny-trump-meme-trudeau-2-2-3-1-1-3-1-1.jpg

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Fake News.

This was a "pool" event, not press corps event.

The white house press 'corps' acts as a "pool." For some events, it doesn't make sense to bring in 150 reporters. So a selection or "pool" of reporters are picked and taken to the event. Their reports, pictures, video...etc is open to the whole press corp to use.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

When you tell a lie tell a big one and keep repeating that lie until everyone believes it. The beliefs of Hitler, Trump and the WT. We should all see this. Still Totally ADD

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Trump wants to start grabbing pussies again. He can't do that with CNN and the New York Times watching his every move. Geez. Leave the man alone. He has as much right to grab pussies as the next guy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hitler opposed the current government direction and offered extreme nationalism.

Hitler got people to hate a particular group of people, as if they were the big problem.

Hitler was given "plenary powers" so that he could act quickly in the best interests of his country.

Those powers gave him authority to do what he wanted to do. Of course, it was assumed he would not abuse such powers.

After rising to power, Hitler stated an emergency and a desire to help Germany as he used his power to abuse civil rights and remove enemies.

Trump got elected by opposing the current government direction and offering extreme nationalism.

Trump got people to hate 2 particular groups of people, as if the Mexicans and Muslims are our biggest problem.

Trump does not have authority to do what he wants to do. He tried with executive orders, but there are still people in the other two branches of government who will do what is right. But Republicans control Congress and Trump is appointing conservatives to the Supreme Court. We have to continue to rely on conservative Republicans to do the right thing when Trump does the wrong thing. So far, there have been enough of them to do it.

After rising to power, Trump states an emergency and a desire to help America as he attempts to use his power to abuse civil rights and remove enemies.

Trump is going to continue using the same playbook that got him elected, going to continue to ignore facts that he doesn't like. Let's hope checks and balances continue to work.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

When are we going to stop excusing Trump by saying he's not as bad as so and so, or well, it wasn't a "real" news briefing, or "that can't happen here."

And please don't compare it to Obama. Obama's private sessions were not pointedly arranged to exclude others.

Trump and Bannon have declared war on the media, calling them the enemy of America. Not a good idea.

To paraphrase Mark Twain " Don't piss off someone who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton."

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Americans are not easy. We'll put up the fight of our lives.

Trump and his highly incompetent and dangerous administration MUST GO!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit