President Trump launches missile strike against Syria

by jwleaks 80 Replies latest jw friends

• just fine
    just fine

I am torn between, we should mind our own business, and do we have a responsibility to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

Do we mind our own business until they bring it to our doorstep? Or do we let Syria know we are not going to tolerate this type of behavior?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think he did a good thing, it was a message to Assad that the world is watching.

I also think there should have been a collaboration of countries put together to get rid of Assad in reflection of the refugee crisis that idiot created and while they were there wipe out ISIL,, look what that organization has done in just a few years. ???

As for Putin this is supposed to be a world leader that is supporting a brutal dictator who wont step away from control over Syria.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I just get this deja vu feeling with Iraq and WMD's.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I will say this: I don't understand why Assad would do such a thing to civilians. Gas the rebel ISIS or terrorists trying to overthrow cities, but to gas your own people? Doesn't sound right. Assad was actually WINNING the war, so why gas his own people? Sounds a bit like the Bay of Tonkin incident, which was an incident started by a US warship, that ultimately led to the Vietnam War. A total "false flag" incident. Basically, an excuse created or started by US backed "someones" in order to justify going to war in order to annihilate a regime you don't want in power. However, it should be noted this type of "crazy" runs in Assad's family; his own father did something similar in 1982, so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Either way, Obama was a useless. I remember his speech about the "line in the sand", and then Syria crossed it, and Obama did NOTHING. So basically, Obama (and Kerry) were toothless and dickless, and everyone knew it. Not so much with Trump. Did you know border crossings at the US/Mexico border are DOWN 40% since he's been in office? The wall hasn't even been started yet! I'm all for staying out of Syria AND the entire Middle East. Let them fight their own battles. I think Trump feels the same. However, gassing your own civilians with Sarin Nerve Agent deserves at least SOME type of response.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

could anyone tell me what the whole stinking war is about? Is it the usual thing...oil? - I'm fairly ignorant of the ins and outs of this but I think oil or oil transportation plays a part in this war.

What I do know, is that Putin is backing Assad because Assad lets Syrian ports on the Mediterranean serve as naval bases for Russia. If the Alawite Assad regime fell and a Sunni regime took control, Russia would lose its naval bases.

Furthermore, this war is also about religion. Saudi Arabia and Iran are fighting a proxy war, with Saudi backing Sunni head-choppers and Iran backing Shia militia. Not good.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't understand why Assad would do such a thing to civilians. Gas the rebel ISIS or terrorists trying to overthrow cities, but to gas your own people?

It's certainly a terrible thing Assad has done.

But how does the Syrian regime distinguish between terrorists and civilians? Perhaps a lot of terrorists are also ordinary civilians?

A particular trick that terrorists do in Gaza is to hide their weapons under schools or hospitals. Maybe Syrian terrorist groups do this, too?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Trump has to justify all the defense spending he is proposing for his pals. Starting a bombing campaign should do that nicely I'm sure. Send your sons Donald.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I will say this: I don't understand why Assad would do such a thing to civilians.

I am with you Wing Commander, this makes no sense to me.

1. wasn't Assad on the verge of winning the civil war? Why would he pull this crap now?

2. why civilians?

3. With Trump in office, he had a chance at American support, but instead, he immediately throws it away?

I find if very very odd

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being that Russia is backing Assad and his regime, it makes for a very difficult situation from a US perspective.

A super power is there supporting the regime and another supper power wants the regime taken down.

There is no question that most of the countries around the world would like to see Assad removed and a democracy created in Syria but there's that Russian problem.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I wonder if people will stop wondering if Trump and Putin are buddy buddy now lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit