Do You Think Trump Is Doing.A Good Job Dealing With The Coronavirus?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• ReinventedTwice
    ReinventedTwice

Minimus, you raised a fair question about Trump's handling of the coronavirus, but, then, when posters point out his incompetence, you bring up Hillary as an obvious red herring. Hillary has nothing to do with Trump's mishandling of the coronavirus. Why are you having difficulty thinking logically and staying on subject?

39% of the American electorate are true believers, Trumpites. No amount of evidence will sway them from their support of an obvious incompetent, just as no one could tell us as JWs that our organization was a man-made fraud.

Each "true believer" has to see the "truth" for themselves and can't be persuaded by evidence or logic.

• minimus
    minimus

I mention Hillary because that was the alternative. You say Trump mishandled this. I disagree. No one could know how bad this would be. The governor of New York didn’t know. The mayor didn’t know. The President didn’t know. Let’s be fair and say how these guys mishandled this. But it’s only Trump that gets beat up on. It’s total bs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Lets face it most working political figures have no experience in dealing with a dangerous virus pandemic, some are doing better than others, nevertheless they are doing the best they can under these circumstances.

I think the problem with Trump is that he didn't think it would be a major problem to effect the US. ........... surprise

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I think he is doing the best he can.

For those of us outside of the US, that's what worries us the most.

• Finkelstein
  • minimus
    minimus

Jp, thanks for responding. You are very sweet.😈

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Let’s be fair and say how these guys mishandled this. But it’s only Trump that gets beat up on. It’s total bs.

Min,

Yes, Trump, the Governor, the Mayor nor anyone else is to blame for this, anymore than George W, the Governor nor Mayor were responsible for 9/11.

But as President Harry Truman (I read) had a sign on his desk in the Oval Office ... "The Buck Stops Here".

But if you gloat about how well things are going, put on your MAGA hat and want to take full credit for it that's fine. But when things go south is can bite you in the ass and be blamed. You can't have it just one way.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing ever goes as planned. Optimism is nice but realism is better.

• minimus
    minimus

When Trump started talking about Easter , I thought it was optimistic but not realistic. Still, I’d rather not be told we shouldn’t go out for 6 months....even if that turned out to be true.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think that the 15 day sheet that Pence keeps holding up in press conferences expires tomorrow (Monday, 30 March 2020).

I think he should apply for an extension.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit