Do You Think Trump Is Doing.A Good Job Dealing With The Coronavirus?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Who needs a press secretary when the President details what is happening every day to keep us informed? I think he’s doing a very good job considering what is happening in the USA and the world.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

In all fairness, considering he’s not a clairvoyant and that China lied to the world, he’s doing an okay job..He also has a panel of experts advising him so he’s not alone.

I just ignore the leftist hypocrites with TDS who keep saying ‘he didn’t do enough early on’ yada, yada - meanwhile he closed travel from China - which I’m sure saved lives! Meanwhile idiots were calling him xenophobic! I think this at least gave the country a chance to do a mad scramble to put things in place!

We still don’t know how this is going to work out but I think we would have been hit like a tsunami if he had not done what he did. I shudder to think what would have happened if somebody else was in office.

• minimus
    minimus

Lhg... u r spot on ! Trump is doing better than anyone else could under the circumstances.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

No. Simply put .. a good leader edifies his experts. He has no background to handle this kind of situation and should be deferring to those with experience, expertise and knowledge while sending out supportive messaging echoing his experts.

His trying to position himself as an expert when he has zero comprehension of this complex event. That is not what good leaders do. His background is business. He thus falls back on only the economy when in fact this is a health emergency. Business will recover. Preventing unnecessary deaths is the needed focus now.

I am not a Trudeau fan but do think he is handling this better as a leader.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I think he is doing OK. I don't agree with all of it. I think some of the more dumb Governors are resisting closing down non essential work in their state. Trump is most defiantly unpolished but the liberal press lies at every turn. Trump made some idiot eat fish tank cleaner. FALSE. The NY Gov. de Blasio a few weeks ago put out that it was much ado about nothing. Keep shopping and going to theater. Now he whines every day and the press is making out like he is the new messiah. Then you have on the other side idiots like that KY rep. that tried to derail the bill to help people get things back on track till things get back to normal. I never have bought into the crazy leftist communist BS nor the far right and their let everyone save themselves or die. Some of these far right idiots would repeal Medicare, caid and Social Security and call FDR a communist.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Lhg... u r spot on ! Trump is doing better than anyone else could under the circumstances.

Min ...

Not to pee on the parade, but if Obama or Clinton did the EXACT, and I mean EXACT same thing, the right wingnuts would be going crazy for their lack of action.

I do give the people here credit after 9/11 that George W. had a 90% approval rating after his handling of the catastrophe.

No matter what the Orange Man does or the Lizard would do would please the other side. We have become like a parliamentary type of government where if you have one more on your side to create a majority you give the middle finger to the other side. It has become sad.

The days of the President (Ronald Reagan) and Speaker of the House (Tip O'Neil) argue like hell but then go out and have a beer or two and come back the next day and agree on policy are long gone.

Rub a Dub

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

That is because you have the far right and the radical left who have taken over the parties. We have the radical left who wants communism and to open the borders and hate America first. Then the far Right who wants to tell women they can not have an abortion in the first trimester, that if you are not a bible thumping christian you are not American, that a national health care system is evil and you need to fend for your self if you can not afford insurance.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

That is because you have the far right and the radical left who have taken over the parties.

JimmyYoung ...

I could not have explained it better. Those of us somewhere close to "the middle" who actually like to think and analyze things on a case by case basis get blasted from both sides.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    I am not a Trudeau fan but do think he is handling this better as a leader.

He tried a power grab in the middle of this, so they could have control of unaccountable funds with no oversight.

We already know he's a racist lying piece of shit who has made numerous ethics violations. He was running the country into the dirt before all this, squandering the boom times and running up huge deficits with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Canada is a dysfunctional mess because of him and the west wants out of it. It's done, we want away from the East and we'll take our oil and gas with us.

America, make us your 51st state. We have oil, you'll love us.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Are you fucking kidding? Trump is a disaster. He keeps saying things that aren’t true and constantly contradicts the medical and scientific experts.

Doctors like Fauci have to continually walk back false, inaccurate and misleading statements that Trump makes and they have to do so in a way that won’t injure his overly fragile ego.

Then Trump attacks people that ask legitimate questions. Trump is a perfect example of everything a leader shouldn’t be or do.

He should shut up and let people that know what they’re doing handle it. He can’t even manage to do that well because of his massive ego.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit