Meet and Greet

by jeanniebeanzz 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

Does this group ever get together for meet and greet's anymore?

~Jean

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

hi Jeannie,

Maybe you could suggest a meeting place, and ones that are near there may want to plan to attend. I don't know who lives where except just a few.

I'd love to meet you. I'm in north Georgia.

• Simon
    Simon

We did a lot of meetups in the UK, had a great meetup in Florida many years ago and have done a few small ones in Canada since moving over here.

Sometimes you have to put a shout out to see if anyone is interested in your area, otherwise there is little chance of anything happening.

If anti-social-programmer-me can enjoy meeting up with some strangers, it can't really be that bad :D

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"had a great meet up in Florida......"

That sure was fun!!! Seems like a thousand years ago! Enjoy!

(trying to upload some pics.....you know how techie challenged I am)

• blondie
    blondie

I've been to ex-jw meetups organized through the meetup.com software.

Others just organized here on JWN.

Going to one in my area Saturday, resurrected ex-jw meetup group.

All you need organizers, and supporters, and meet some like-minded people.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Has their ever been any meet-ups here in Australia ? in any state ? Just curious , I`m in Victoria.

I`m not one that jumps into relationships/meeting people at the best of times. so I dont know how I would go anyway.

I tend to sus people out before I make myself known, I see myself as a middle of the road sort of a guy,not a leader ,nor do I want to be on the tail end ,if you know what I mean.

Even in my workplace ,when a new person joined ,I would tend to sit back and see what they wew like before getting too chummy with them , unlike some who jumped in as if they were lifelong buddys ,sometimes to their sorrow.

You know what I mean ?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just looked at meetup.com , blondie ,I`ve been living under a rock ,seriously ,meetups for everything under the sun in Melbourne ,though under "religions" their were no JW sites.

thanks for the link.

• blondie
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

had a great meetup in Florida many years ago

Where in Florida was it? Do you remember? I'm a newbie only out since early this year and I've wondered if there ever is such a thing in my home state. I'm in south Florida, just south of Miami.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I've been to quite a few, Toronto, Tahoe and local ones. A new group just started up in North County San Diego area and they just had a meetup last Saturday. My first was in the LA area by a young woman who left and was on her own; she ran it for a number of years. It wasn't a large group but different people came from all over.

Another friend started one up in the Salt Lake City area.

Just the best thing ever is to meet people that understand what we all are going through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit