Is there one thing that convinces you that the JW's are wrong ???

by run dont walk 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Doctrines, people, elders, family, beliefs, is there a certain thing that convinces you they are wrong ???

Had a discussion with my Mom the other day and she asked "how can you be so sure they are wrong ?"

I picked two topics that I had not talked to her about ( already said the pedophile, UN, generation stuff.)

1) "Show me in the bible where it says CLEARLY, that heavens doors were closed in 1935 ???" she could not, I said, "how long have you been going", you believe this but cannot back it up.

2) "Show me in the bible where it says Christ returned invisibly in 1914 to the heavens." , she hummed and ha'ed, I said " did you know that the Adventist started this idea in 1874, Russell was amazed by it, and Rutherford simply COPIED the idea and made it part of doctrine and changed the year to 1914. She said she would look into it, I said "you've been going for 50+ years, you think you would know this off the top of your head."

I maybe being a bit mean to my mom, but honestly I think (very unlikely) I got her thinking a bit. Time will tell.

What doctrine or anything else, convinces you they are dead wrong ???

• Gopher
    Gopher

Protection of pedophile perverts, using a myopic view of the "two eyewitness" principle from the Bible.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

If there was one single thing that took me out, it was a careful study(with no ulterior motive--as it was something I just came upon accidentally) of Revelation 7: 9 and 11 in the WTBS' own Kingdom Interlinear. Briefly, in verse 9 it is talking about the Great Crowd, and in verse 11 it is talking about the angels. Now unless the angels are going to be on the Earth, the Great Crowd is in Heaven. The Greek word that identifies where these two groups are is exactly the same. There is not degrees of 'before the throne' indicated here, nor does the Greek word used support that stretch of a theory(for this I spoke with a professor of ancient languages at Harvard). There are other Greek words that could have been used to differentiate a different place, but that is not how the inspired writer wrote it. It says that the angels, in the circle of throne-Heaven, will worship in the same place as the Great Crowd-who came OUT of the Earth--and that place is before the throne. This is not talking about the 144,000. Verse 14 reiterates the place where the Great Crowd are, using the phrase again-and adds the phrase 'in the divine habitation of him'---so now WTBS would have us believe that not only do the angels come down to the Earth to worship but that God himself lives here? I know they explain it that his tent will spread over the Earth---but that is not what the SCRIPTURE says. The scripture says that the Great Crowd will join him in his tent. No where does it indicate that this tent will be on Earth. No where. And the logic that they use to say that his tent will be extended to the Earth is flawed logic, making scripture fit WTBS' own dogma. THAT is criminal. To manipulate the Word of God in order to cover their own butts! It sickened me.

Ravyn, excerpted from my deconversion story:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/49422/1.ashx

• rocketman
    rocketman

I can't name just one. For me, it's a combination of many factors.

In a sense, I don't even care if they are right or wrong. I was not happy as a jw. To me, that's all that matters.

• barry
    barry

gday dont run walk, im an Adventist and when the JWs call I like to tell them all about the relationship of doctrine with the two churches it has a way making them unsure of themselves they dont get from the ordinary householder. I tell them about Adventists that are Arian just like the witnesses, soul sleep, the events of 1844 and 1874 as you mention it becomes obvious to them that the Adventists and the witnesses are like a sister church. We allways part friends. Barry

• avengers
    avengers

When you speak about the future; dates, events, etc you are prophesying How many times has the WT set dates?
    None of them came true. Actually if just once the prophesy is false then you're a false prophet..

Matthew 7:15)

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Matthew 24:11
    and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Matthew 24:24
    For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect–if that were possible. Mark 13:22
    For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect–if that were possible. There are many more passages that show the WT is a false prophet. Show me one prophesy that came true.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

double posted.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The level of human suffering is evidence enough for me. The guilt levels of people in the org are way up. The fear levels. The shame levels.

If it really WAS Gods organization there would be a superlative degree of genuine joy, love and sponteneity.

This is not the case. What "sponteneity" there is is of the manufactured kind. The "joy" is forced. The "love" conditional.The "service to fellow man" compelled.

From where I sit, if thats Gods org I want no brooke with it.

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

The whole idea of two classes, taking 144k literal, 8500 annointed still alive today,
    why would we need 144.000 rulers in heaven anyway...how are they goint to rule
    and judge if they are invisible? besides the bible is just a sum of older religious ideas,
    nothing new there, just another book, just another bluff

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm in the same line as Rocketman. I never really cared or knew for sure until recently if they were right or wrong. What I did know, was that I wasn't happy as a JW. I just couldn't hate what they thought was bad, and I had a hard time jumping through all the hoops that was required of me.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit