Remember this

by James Jack 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• wozza
    wozza

PS: I would show a picture of my bag but modesty forbids.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The Scribes and Pharisees would have LOVED to have had these back in the Bronze Age!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Given the quality of the "spiritual food" that bags like this were supposed to contain, I can think of no better use than as an emergency toilet. Might come in handy if you have to bug out on short notice.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

sparky1

""The BIGGER the bag, the more SPIRITUAL the Elder.
    "

Yes. Some of the book bags were getting to the point of wheels and telescoping handles. I remember.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was never an Elder, out of choice, but never had a big bag, sometimes I just had a rolled up WT mag. in my jacket, because I had scribbled notes in it on research I had done.

Wanna be Elders had those big bags, so obvious and pathetic !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sure I remember...those enormous “Pilot cases” were the prized possession of a a lot of swanky elders.. Personally I never had one..even as secretary with a lot of stuff I preferred to spread the load in two cases and walk balanced.

That is one thing that is properly consigned to history.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" That is one thing that is properly consigned to history.". The Bag is, the attitude is still around I bet. I remember years ago when one of our Elders was on the RBC, and a few of the guys on there had just started using Laptops, they were needed for their "Worldly" jobs, so they brought them along and knew how to use them.

Our guy rushed out, bought himself a top of the range Laptop and took it along to the next RBC Meeting, I am 95% sure he didn't know how to use it back then !

Big Bag Syndrome.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Would anybody like a tract?

• James Jack
    James Jack

Ever see anyone trip over a book bag?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Ever see anyone trip over a book bag?''

Hell yes. LOL.

I remember on a couple of occasions. Some hot-shot ministerial servant or some ministerial school helper at the front of the hall would prop-up their 'luggage case' on the seat beside them. Once in a while, they would knock over the entire case by mistake on to the floor with a loud thud drowning-out the speaker. The hall would be quiet for a about 5 seconds and the brother who had the mishap turning beat red and smiling awkwardly.

There could be some funny times back in the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit