Remember this

by James Jack 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

This was my Elder bag

• James Jack
    James Jack

I carried a lot of propaganda in this bag. It was my walking library. How many Elders or CO’s did you see with a big case?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I threw the last square suit case I had two weeks ago. I told my mother in law she could give it to some "brother" in her hall if she wanted to. She told me no one uses those anymore. They are all digital.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Maybe not quite as large as that one but big nevertheless.

Now days most JWS just usually carry around a computer tablet

• Mowgliandbalu
    Mowgliandbalu

And look, now you have a great shoeshine box!

• Simon
    Simon

You weren't righteous unless you brought a whole library shelf to the hall with you, LOL

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I love you guys.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That brings back memories of a different kind for me.When I left school at 14 I fell into a Leather-works job where I did an apprenticeship and learnt to make this kind of stuff .

By the way it looks like its gathered a lot of dust ,has`nt been used in quite a while eh ?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was the first brother in my congregation to turn up to the KH with a tablet. Actually, it was a Kindle with PDFs of the Watchtower on it and the NWT in .mobi format.

I got a good scolding in the back room and lots of snide remarks my the holier than thou members for being "showy". One elder told me "The bible is your sword, how are you supposed to preach with a tablet?".

Fast forward a year, tablets were ok but absolutely not to be used on the platform.

Another year and everyone is encouraged to buy a tablet.

Now? If you dont have a tablet you cant follow along and are regarded as not keeping up with Jehovah's org.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Deja vu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit