Remember this

by James Jack 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Overrated
    Overrated

My poor Dad was an MS and was working up to being an elder. But as anyone can say it is a good old boy's club and they kept moving the goal post on my Dad but using him like a dish. He had a bag like that, but he was never choosen into the club no matter how hard he worked. More an likely he was not giving them green handshakes.

• James Jack
    James Jack

He made not have had the vocabulary down pact or just didn't suck up to the right Elders. I remember one CO saying " if a man didn't ask you what he needed to do to become an Elder, he was interested in serving as one".

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They were always out in the aisle and often the owner of the bag would forget that it was there and would stumble over it when he got up during the meeting to use the bathroom or take care of some other urgent business that couldn't wait.

• OpenEyedInUtah
    OpenEyedInUtah

This was my dad's from as long ago as I can remember until he passed. And the memories it holds are not all bad. No candy was stashed in there, but we could always rely on a pencil and writing tablet to doodle on. And the lock was way cool to play around with. He was a good man, a good father, and most importantly, he put his family's well being before the "Society's".Vintage 1940s leather briefcase with key  expanding Gladstone image 1

• rh3988
    rh3988

He made not have had the vocabulary down pact or just didn't suck up to the right Elders. I remember one CO saying " if a man didn't ask you what he needed to do to become an Elder, he was interested in serving as one".

I'm a PIMO MS. I have not being promoted down to a science. I wouldn't "reach out" if my grandmother was on fire and I had a glass of water.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    In my experience the bigger the bag he bigger the ass. You could always tell the idiots who thought a lot of them-self by the bag they carried.

Not so sure. I remember bringing my whole family stuff in there. 4 bibles, 4 kingdom songs, 4 magazines, 2 kingdom Ministry, 4 bible study book, 2 drawing books for kids, other kids stuff. My wife carried the baby babby bag. It wasn't that I was soo spiritual, I had everyone's stuff in it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It looks like many of the JW's we see around town.....old and dusty.

We had an Elder who had one with wheels. He had his little "rolly bag" and his wife had her little flat sensible shoes and sweater. Can't show those shoulders! They were always telling others their stories. The name dropper stories, oh we went here and we went there. They were the most "spiritual" in the land!!! lol

When I think back, it makes me sad that we wasted all that time in.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

ToesUp - we've all had an education - yes it cost but I think we've all learnt something valuable.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Oh my... i had to go see where mine is as it's time to get it out, I use it as a go bag during hurricane season for all our important documents and such. I've never been able to bring myself to pitch it mostly because I love good leather stuff and I paid a lot for it 20 or so years ago. It was the last of several generations (not overlapping) of bags that got worn out.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

• wozza
    wozza

So many elders had ones that wide ,it's as though they were publicly showing their male organ for bragging rights ,of course mine was half the width regulation ministerial servant size so as not to usurp the actually small penised elders.

But sneakily I would take a second bag to the meetings, ha those stupid fools dumb as bricks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit