Remember this

by James Jack 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparky1
    sparky1

The BIGGER the bag, the more SPIRITUAL the Elder.

• sir82
    sir82

You were a manly elder!

The wanna-be's had those bags but with wheels and a telescoping handle.

It takes a real man to heft a 40 pound book bag with one hand into the Kingdom Hall.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Those gigantic rolling libraries contained "old lite" the electronic tablets contain "new lite". Because they are new and they are very light!

just saying!

• Ding
    Ding

I believe Walter Martin used to refer to those bags as "a portable ammunition dump of Watchtower theology."

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Now its a go bag.

Or a 'I pushed off years ago and I ain't never coming back bag.'

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Lol, mine now holds BDSM equipment.

• kingpelican
    kingpelican

In my experience the bigger the bag he bigger the ass. You could always tell the idiots who thought a lot of them-self by the bag they carried. Big arsehole elders would carry a bag that held every publication for the last 5 years like it was the Miguffin in some film. They acted like the words in the propaganda were magical and had some kind of power.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I loved those wheels. An obstacle as large as the verboten strollers. There was a well stocked library. One elder had his car broken into. The big worry was the elders manual.

• James Jack
    James Jack

I was heading to bed and noticed it tucked deep in my closet, So I blew the dust off and it made me think, WOW, I really had it going on back in the day.

kingpelican

"In my experience the bigger the bag he bigger the ass."

There were times I was an "Ass". I actually apologized to several people about my attitude, but I was following the "Company Script".

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was territory servant as MS, so that occupied space; then literature, then accounts. Then as elder TMS AND Congregation Secretary. When I went to MTS in 2002, my catalog case on wheels wasn't big enough. No computers allowed, but I had binders of printouts. God I carried a lot of $hit for no pay.

Snakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit