New Monthly Broadcast - BE LOYAL! - Shut Up and Sit Down!

by ttdtt 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

If Jesus became King in 1914...

If the organization is a manifestation of his rulership of what he has been doing since 1914...

If how he rules the organization is a small scale prelude to how he would rule the worldwide paradise in the 1000 years...

If he appointed the GB as the Faithful Slave in 1919...

Why doesn't he do a better job in ruling and giving direction? Why do the GB virtually need to look for signs and omens and read tea leaves for direction?

This would not bode well for the Millennial reign.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "The paranoia is clearly being felt by the GB as people realise that they actually have no control over them..."

Hard to argue with.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Saename...

If the WTS expects "Jehovah" to address the problems, then I guess the Aussie RCC, UK Charity Commish, and lawsuit after lawsuit in the US are His answer... :smirk:

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember articles years ago discouraging people from doing a individual "fleece" test toward questions like, "Should I pioneer?" For instance, individuals taking the selling of their home by a certain time and certain price as evidence of God's will that they should pioneer.

And yet, the Governing Body is evidently doing the very same thing.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I'm waiting to see what they are really up to with this LOYALTY business. They are surely plotting something that requires absolute trust by the flock.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm waiting to see what they are really up to with this LOYALTY business.

I'm tellin' ya....

Mandatory tithing, or at least, mandatory if you want "privileges".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I'm tellin' ya....
    Mandatory tithing, or at least, mandatory if you want "privileges".

Really? I think if they do that then they will be sealing their own fate as far encouraging men to step up. I was accounts servant for years and I knew exactly what elders and MSs were contributing through standing orders and the tax reclaim forms. It was only about 15% of the body. Even if you double that to take into account cash donors it's still less than 50% of the body. This was the best part of 10 years ago and I really, really doubt it's improved.

• sir82
    sir82

It was only about 15% of the body. Even if you double that to take into account cash donors it's still less than 50% of the body. This was the best part of 10 years ago and I really, really doubt it's improved.

Exactly why they would implement it.

For most, perhaps even the vast majority of, JW elders, being an elder is the best thing they've got. It's what gets their rocks off. In many cases it is the only thing in their lives that is not a catastrophic failure.

Really - being an elder is the be-all and end-all for them. It's not a position, it's not what they do - it's who they are. If they are removed for some reasons - they go hollow. Their eyes sink, their hair falls out, they gain weight - they go to hell.

Well over half the elders I know would swim nude & open-mouthed thru raw sewage if the alternative was being deleted.

Paying 10% of your salary? Getting a tax break anyway? No problem.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Agree 100% with your summation of the psyche of most elders sir82. I still think it would be hit elder and MS levels. So let's hope you're right and I'm wrong on this one.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Mandatory Tithing? Never say never! Imagine if you will, going back in time 30 years to 1986 and telling your former JW self that in 30 years not only would the New System NOT yet be here, but that the Book Study in homes would be deleted, Field Service would consist of standing by carts, cartoons would used to "teach" children, videos would be shown at conventions, and ATM's would be located to donate quickly. Oh! And that you'd be all lovey-dovey with the GB Members, as they parade around televangelist style!!

Now ask yourself, what would your 30-years younger self had said to all of THAT? So "mandatory tithing", doesn't sound so far-fetched now, does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit