Polish EX-JW Activism compilation video

by WTS Archive 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks saename - you got the contradiction in darkspilver's reply.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Great job!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have mixed feelings about this sort of activism maybe some of the younger ones may wonder what`s going on and their curiosity is aroused so that they may eventually seek out sites like this ,it certainly would have no effect in my book on the older generation who are well indoctrinated against this sort of behavior no matter how peaceful they are.

However I suppose it takes all kinds of methods to be employed to reach as many people as we can.

A dent here a dent their ,here their and everywhere and sooner or later a breach is made in the wall enslaving a Jehovah`s Witness to the cult masquerading as "The True Religion"

• WTS Archive
    WTS Archive
    However I suppose it takes all kinds of methods to be employed to reach as many people as we can.
    A dent here a dent their ,here their and everywhere and sooner or later a breach is made in the wall enslaving a Jehovah`s Witness to the cult masquerading as "The True Religion"

That are exactly my thoughts. Doing this plus what's on Youtube plus various fantastic online resources for learning more about JWs - all this together has a unique opportunity to push this cult into irrelevancy so they hardly get any new converts and will slowly die.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

So great to see how the activists are using the infamous Awake! 1969 article regarding 1975. If I still were a witness, that would certainly draw my attention, especially given the misleading information from that video with the brother. I would simply reason it's either true or a lie...and research it!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WTS - Yes, I am polish :smile:.

Dobze

I was an elder in a Polish congregation. I'm guessing we never met.

• John Free
    John Free

Darkspliver’s post a little misunderstood? He’s highlighting how the org manipulates stats- hence the Mark Twain quote. In both lands the dubs are on the decline.

This Polish model of activism raises the bar! Some of the self-defeating aggressive activism feeds into the orgs hands.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It seems the ex-JW literature cart attracted a lot more interest than the usual JW setups!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Thank you to both Saename and John Free

steve2: would darkspilver care to comment?

OK, if I have too....

darkspilver: The Polish are/where coming to Britain where there now 50 Polish congegations....

This was a light-hearted comment due to the significant Polish migration that has taken place over the last decade-or-so.

There were an estimated 831,000 Polish-born residents in 2015 - a jump of almost 750,000 compared with the number in 2004, the year the country joined the EU.

READ MORE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37183733

SEE ALSO: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_in_the_United_Kingdom

SEE ALSO: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrations_from_Poland_since_EU_accession

SUBTEXT: A reference to using 'congregation' as a statistical measure in this current forum thread

steve2: Yet even in Britain, growth of publishers is slowing down, if not stagnating

darkspilver:

• Britain has seen 13 consecutive years of increase in average publishers reporting.
    • Over the last 13 years Britain has seen the ratio of publishers-to-population go from 1-in-456 to 1-in-471.

"lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Two statistics, apparently proving opposite things, but when taken together, actually proving the point they where made in reference too.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5666875209940992/stagnation-jws-britain

The quote is referencing the fact that the two 'opposing' statistics are actually both correct - the first one in particular being used to prove 'growth', while ignoring, or being unfamiliar with, the second one.

SUBTEXT: A slight reference to the statistics being used in this recently revived forum thread

steve2: Curiously, darkspilver also provided data that perhaps inadvertently supports my post:

Inadvertently? I never do anything 'inadvertently'

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Very organised and dignified. 👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit