WHAT WOULD U DO IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?

by Mary 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

If it was a large enough sum of money I would want to organize the largest apost-o-fest in the world in the Javits Center in New York City. We could have the biggest party celebrating our freedom from the Tower ever.

Jeff S.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The Society wouldn't get a DIME...though the Catholic Church would get a chunk...15% is the number I'm working with.

It would be set up so that it could only be used for things like feeding the poor...helping out poor parishes...etc.

I'd quit the Army and start doing something where I'm my own boss. I'd travel a lot too.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd retire. The WTS would get nothing. To prevent myself from becoming a bank, I'd give each family member a predetermined sum each year (that seemed to work for others who won.....some experienced problems when family treated them like a savings and loan).

I hang out here.

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

I often fantasize about winning the lotto. First, I would love to walk up to my Dad and say "Get ready to turn in your resignation letter, you are officially RETIRED." He has worked his entire life away taking care of everybody else. He never took vacations when I was a kid. Instead he would use his "vacation pay" every year to pay bills or travel to the assemblies.

Second, we would go get him ANY Harley Davidson he wants. Then I would buy a house and share some money with my family and friends. I don't want extravagance in my life, I just want to live comfortably.

JR

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I would move someplace where the only wardrobe I would own is shorts or bathing suits.

• Swan
    Swan
    I would move someplace where the only wardrobe I would own is shorts or bathing suits.

A great idea!

Welcome Stacy Smith!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Be like Mia Farrow and adopt...

• JH
    JH

All depending on how much I won, I would keep 5 million and give away all the rest to family, friends, charitable organizations.

If I won less than 5 million, I would keep 90% of it and give the rest.

I guess that with 5 million, I would have enough for my last 40 years.

• dawn27
    dawn27

I would buy my husband the ' 67 Camaro that he has been dreaming of since he was a little boy and then we would fly first class to Hawaii and pick out our dream house with our own beach and boat-dock (so that we could sail around the islands). I would set up both of our families with a generous income. Then, I would travel until I got tired of traveling and go back to school for my PhD. I would open up my own pediatric wing (in my late nephews name) and employ all of the best staff that I could find. Of course, I would work there part time myself to stay grounded. That would be the life,,

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Not a dime would ever drop into the coffers of any religion. I would decide whic poor to help, and simply help them personally without any middlemen or intermediaries.

If you beleive christianity, you should be able to help strangers in need without a babysitter or go between. Don't make it someone else's responsibility. Just do it.

I would spend 50% helping the poor buy homes, pay off debts, establish bank accounts, open small businesses and buy education.

The other 50% would purchase a private villa on Malta or Pantelleria. I would definitely say goodbye to the USA and it's consumption oriented, spoon fed, mass media, materialistic society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit