Dealing With Smelly People

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Some odors come from INSIDE the body vs. dirt on the outside. I knew a witness with Trimethylaminuria (TMAU). No matter how much bathing the person bathed, There was still an odor. I knew someone who killed them selves because the friends were so cruel at the KH.

• punkofnice
  • tiki
    tiki

Reminds me of a cong book study we used to go to....the lady of the house insisted everyone take off their shoes prior to entering the place...she was sweet...had a basket of foot socks for people to put on...anyway someone brought their student along one week and this woman, while being appropriately clean and groomed ...Sat next to me...and the foot odor was killing. Truly awful. You can only hold your breath so long...it was awful. Amazing too that a clean person could have such putrid rank stench feet.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was a minserve in my old congo-abongo-i-gregation, who had the death breath.

If he breathed on you, you would pass out. You'd prefer an elephant fart to that foul gob.

Happy chappie was he.

• minimus
    minimus

Our presiding overseer had terrible garlic breath. Everyone would say how he needed Certs or TicTacs or peppermints. One day I decided to give him a peppermint and he looked at it appreciatively and stuck it in his pocket and continued talking right in my face.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

How funny because I had the same experience when I offered a mint to somebody with terrible mouth odor. They put it in their pocket.

What you should’ve done was say: ‘Brother, you’re supposed to put the mint in your mouth, not in your pocket.’

One of the great things about not being in the religion is that I don’t have to tolerate this garbage. Now, I would NEVER suffer sitting next to or being in a car group with smellies or crazies.

• just fine
    just fine

For my job I travel a lot. There was a flight once with a man so smelly the passengers were all putting peppermint oil under their nose to make the stench bearable. It was the most awful flight experience. He was a white guy with dreadlocks and apparently a habit of not bathing.

As far as at the KH I think most of the problem came from people not dry cleaning their clothes often enough. I used to just wash my dry clean only clothes on hand wash with Woolite.

• minimus
    minimus

I know of many men that wore the same suit’s throughout the entire summer sweating and never cleaning them

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's pretty commonly accepted that most people can't actually smell their own funk.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm not sure if it is the person, the TV, the cable box, the remote or whatever, but when I leave Fox News on too long there is an acrid smell in the room. I've tried flushing both toilets and spraying some air freshener in the room but the air still reeks.

Just saying.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit