You wear tight pants and you will be in trouble

by wannaexit 57 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    But they can't keep child molesters from going d2d. Right. Good to know.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But they can't keep child molesters from going d2d. Right. Good to know.

Now. Now. There have to be priorities.

Banning tight pants is clearly more important than little kids getting raped. (molested is just too nice of a word)

Doc

(Way to go, Tony! You got your priorities straight!)

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Let's be fair guys. The tight pants rule also applies to molesters.

IF a molester wears tight pants then they would no longer be qualified to share in the ministry. (no announcement to be made either!)

Yep, What a crazy cult!

DK

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

OK folks dress code in the bible, (1) no cross dressing Deut.22:5, (2) avoid Glitzy

attire 1 Tim 2; 9-10 and (3) beware of the hat, 1 Cor: 11:4-7.

The hat is questionable, the Pope wear a hat.Maybe if someone went to the KH and

really cross dressed maybe they would ease up on the tight pants.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Oh my! Uber fashion police. Here come more man made rules.

So some guy is apparently sending messages to Morris about maybe getting at his junk and everyone is supposed to be bothered with it? Why is he looking at guys pants anyway?

Why the heck do GB members think anyone cares about their personal likes and dislikes??!!!???? Guy whines like David's wife.

I have likes and dislikes of my own, I can't be bothered with yours.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

One of the telltale signs of cults according to the BITE model is controlling what cult members are (not) allowed to wear for clothing.

Cult.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

So does this mean some sisters have been wearing trousers? And if a sister does wear trousers to the meetings etc she is going to be (lovingly TM) disciplined?

And then she won't have to go out on the ministry? Goody! Trousers here I come!

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Wow

So according to this excerpt from CO visit material, wearing thight pants or skirt is a free-pass to stay in congregation, without being announced as wrong-doer and with no possibility to share in ministry. Why aren't doubtfull or fading friends using this gateway in greater extent? Benefit of no service, no answering, no preparing and still free access to society of friends. Kind of being disfellowshipped but still part of the congregation.

CP

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"to disqualify him from being a publisher"

That was strange. It was always stressed that being a publisher is required, is a right, that as a JW you both have the right to and the obligation to preach. I remember it stated at a JC that we had absolutely no right to deny a person the right to preach. He could be told to better preach in a specific area or to avoid an area because of Things that had happened - but not to stop preaching. The only way to stop a person from preaching is to df him.

If you are disqualified from preaching - you by definition is no JW. Strange.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

S-337a-16-E 5/15

CIRCUIT OVERSEER MEETS WITH ELDERS AND MINISTERIAL SERVANTS

PROGRAM FOR SEPTEMBER 2015 THROUGH FEBRUARY 2016

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit