I have a question.

by DATA-DOG 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    What simple answer to the problem of suffering do you detect being offered in Amos?
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

why couldn't he have used it at the beginning and saved all this suffering?

Better yet (as you see it) all Jehovah had to do was to kill his traitor son at the begining (that no doubt he had loved and entrusted with the future of the human race) - But DD ain't running things, Jehovah is, and He knows how and when and why to use his Holy Spirit. In the meantime, it is like being challenged to play chess, you can shoot and kill or silence or ban your opponent but the challenge would still remain: 'You are no good!' (seems that way now doesn't it? -that God is bad!) until shown otherwise.

You must allow your opponent to prove his case and defeat him at his own game. Killing an opponent "at the beginning" only shows that you are more powerful than he is but does not answer his question or challenge that requires justice.

'You you are no good.' As you see it DD, what would you do better?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Interesting questions, comments. It sure makes a person wonder at times, doesn't it??

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

DD you are awesome.

Jarhoobity!!!!

Thats my laugh for tonight.

;-)

• cofty
    cofty

SBF - It's like being back at the Kingdom Hall listening to you and Fisherman.

If you are interested in understanding the various answers the bible has to the problem of suffering try Bart Ehrman's "God's Problem".

"We can't understand" is not one of them.

There is no answer to the problem of evil that doesn't contradict everything Jesus said about god.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Jehovah was so mad Adam and Eve sinned, it took him a few millenia to figure out how to get a perfect cake out of a dented mold.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If I was God, I would have instantly know when "Satan" rebelled in his heart. I would've been like, "Hmmmm...Satan is going to corrupt 1/3 of the angels. Then he will corrupt Adam and Eve, forcing me to defend my sovereignty, which everyone already knows about except Adam and Eve. I have 2 choices:

A) Instantly vaporize Satan for his willful sin, BEFORE he causes untold devestation. Then explain to perfectly intelligent Angels and humans why I had to do it, perhaps showing them a vision of what could have been.. OR...

B) Let Satan live, cause thousands of years of death and suffering, then send Jesus, write the Bible, allow another few thousand years of suffering, then destroy everyone except JWs, then let Satan back out to cause even more suffering, then kill him and his followers, and then instantly vaporize any who is in their heart for all eternity, so that no perfect ones are corrupted. 😑

If God can't make a better plan than "Plan B", then he doesn't deserve any worship. Any human father would save the rest of his family by sacrificing one truly wicked/demented/abusive family member, although that would be a horrible thing to be forced to do. It's not rocket science.

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If I was God, I would have done the captain obvious;

'' A) Instantly vaporize Satan for his willful sin, BEFORE he causes untold devestation. Then explain to perfectly intelligent Angels and humans why I had to do it, perhaps showing them a vision of what could have been.. ''

Hands down.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If I was God -DD

(You mean if you were Satan)

But Satan is not Jehovah. And that is why God has allowed Satan to prove his case.

'You don't like how I do things, ok do it your way' but don't tell God what you like He should do. He knows.

• theliberator
    theliberator

try Bart Ehrman's "God's Problem".

Is that your new Bible? Critical thinking should help you to see that Bart is full of himself due to the immense side of that book. Holy crap! I practically needed a hand cart to lift thst sucker!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit