Little "oops" in today's WT Study article.

by stillin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

Paragraph 12 recommends that we meditate on the weekly reading for the Theocratic Ministry School.

Ok, I'm splitting hairs here. But there will be no more TMS in a week.

Somebody isn't keeping up with Jehovah's celestial chariot.

• millie210
    millie210

Great catch stillin!

Maybe its because the chariot is going in circles?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"............do not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing" something like that!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I noticed that too. It gives us a little window into the capricious state of "the organisation". If one were able to calculate from the time the article was authored until the time of the letter being released about the elimination of the TMS, then we could see how rapidly they can change when it suits them. No change however on DF'ing or blood transfusion abstinance - things which are really important to many.

You mentioned the celestial chariot. An elder in my congregation stated from behind the lectern that it is getting difficult to keep up with the chariot. So their rapidity of change - doctrinal, financial, structural, may have the beneficial effect of helping some individuals to see what the leadership of "the organisation" is truly like.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Also reminds us of the principle at 1Cor 14:8

"if the trumpet sounds an Indistinct call, who will get up for the battle?"

Yep, once again, an Indistinct Call is coming from the GB....

• hoser
    hoser
    They are making reactionary management decisions instead of proactive ones. They have no long term vision for their corporation.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

The funny part is almost NO ONE in the congregation will catch it.

When you look at the meetings now - all you see is an echo chamber of the same people saying the same things to each other.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    They didn't want any spoilers to be revealed before the official announcement, hence they stuck with the old name for the study article
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was an even weirder meeting part that praised the importance of the book study arrangement - after it had been abandoned. I wish I'd kept a note of that. It demonstrated pretty obviously that the book study groups must have been dumped swiftly.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Good pick-up. About the TMS reading in the new CLAM meeting in New Year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit