Little "oops" in today's WT Study article.

by stillin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "They are making reactionary management decisions instead of proactive ones. They have no long term vision for their corporation."

Oh, yeah, that's definately the way to keep the WT in the black for the next 10-odd years...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'm sure the WT was written at least 9 months ago, maybe closer to a year.

And what happened this year? Oh that's right, the ARC. And along with that a lot of questions and new requirements are being put out their by progressive governments about "schools". Who can work in them, background checks on people, etc.

I'm 99% convinces the rearrangement of these deck chairs for the mid-week meeting were simply to get the name "school" out of the program, thus an end-around any governmental authority.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I'm 99% convinces the rearrangement of these deck chairs for the mid-week meeting were simply to get the name "school" out of the program, thus an end-around any governmental authority.

I think you've got something there Lostgeneration. There was only a matter of several weeks between the new Jan 2016 arrangement being announced (no more TMS - at least in name) when items about illegal/unregistered schooling started appearing in UK news items. These items mostly referred to Madrasses and Jewish schools - with OfSTED (government schools inspectorate) undertaking investigations. So I'm guessing that someone in JW HQ received advanced legal advice and they made the changes accordingly. So the reasons given by the WTBTS / GBoJW may well be false, as they were for the "simplified arrangement" years ago, and for other changes embarked upon more recently.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hahhaha great catch. Just proves there is no holy spirit guiding the writing depth.

Lol 😂

Kate xx

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha..... ttdtt

When you look at the meetings now - all you see is an echo chamber of the same people saying the same things to each other.

Kinda sounds like "the Borg"!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    That new song book released about 5 years ago, plus the ''new songs'' being practised, I noticed something too. Watch the words, carefully contrived words. Carefully chosen words. When used with music can be very, very influential on one's mind. Mind-control, to give the impression that the rank and file are already in a paradise, in a way.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Yeah, good catch. The WT is saying that reading for the Theo school for the week is a good idea. How in the world can anyone apply that suggestion now? Oops. I bet you that the GB wishes all publications were electronic so they could have made the correction, but they can't because there are many who still use paper, hah!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    cha ching - Resistance is futile - you will be ass-imilated...
  • prologos
    prologos

a different "oops" in par. 8, reflecting on marvels of creation, I looked at the opening picture, the sky scene, and thought, "is that not the Plow (UK) or Big Dipper (US) east of the moon? (the moon would be in the North West.), since the man is looking north? I have never seen this configuration. is this a sublime message: we are way off on all of this? because this picture is imho

boring has it's benefits.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Didn`t they say something to the effect in a court of law that they didn`t conduct schools ?

Case of Steven Unthank Vs WTB&TS in Vic. Australia

Is that what you are ref. to LostGeneration ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit