How Do I Get Rid of This?

by Big Tex 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Have you ever had your eyelid twitch uncontrollably? It's driving me crazy. It's been going on over a year. It will go away for a few days, but then come back. It even twitches in my sleep.

How do I get rid of it? Does anyone have any ideas?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Big Tex,

I had that problem too. I started taking more calcium and it went away. The brand of calcium I take is called Coral Pure. It is not cheap but it is easily absorbed.

Let me know if it helps you.

Robyn

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Two words my friend:

DUCT TAPE!

• Odrade
    Odrade

When I get twitchy I take calcium and magnesium. But it really depends on the type of twitching. I had a friend who saw and acupuncturist for hers.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    DUCT TAPE!

HA! Now that's funny.

Of course the cure might be worse than the problem. I might end up looking like some weird duct tape pirate. Arrrrrrr . . . .

I started taking more calcium and it went away.

Really? I take a multi-vitamin. So maybe I need more calcium than it's giving me. Thanks Robdar.

Odrade, it's my upper eyelid. I'm given to understand that it is usually the lower, but naturally mine is not the usual. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Big Tex, it was my lower one that was twitching. I don't think that it would matter which one is twitching, I think that calcium would help you. I know it helped me.

Rob

• Odrade
    Odrade

I didn't really mean which lid. I meant what is causing it, or where the twitch originates. Is it a muscle twitch or a nerve twitch. I don't know the difference, but I think muscle twitches usually respond better to supplements. Anyways, try the supplements, it's an easy and cheap thing to try first. Also, dehydration can cause twitches and spasms, as can certain common medications. Hard to say what it is, but if you've had it off and on for a year, there should be some change, even a slight one, that brought it on. You might need to do a little personal sleuthing.

Odrade

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

BT I get it in the upper eyelid too

I suspectt aht years of abuse and PTSD have taken their toll on my body. It does all kinds of things it isn't supposed to be doing - like falling apart

• jelly
  • Ravyn
    Ravyn

Tex---you may need a neck adjustment too---try a chiropracter or a massage therapist if the calcium does not work.

magnesium is good to combo with it like was suggested. B6 helps too.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit